Near Miss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd definitely copy the complaint to the police. The most that they will do is pay the depot a visit and have a word, but that alone will make Sainsburys take serious notice, rather than sending you a stock letter and £5 of vouchers. I took this approach with a Stagecoach driver who cut me up and told me to 'piss off'. Plod paid the depot a visit, driver now has an official warning on his record.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I would copy the letter to the police, and make it clear in your letter to Sainsbury's that you're doing so.
The fact remains that this driver was not in control of himself, and was driving in a way that endangered your life, using Sainsbury's property. The police need to know no matter how much Mr Sainsbury apologises.

MartinC

Über Member
The HSE have an oversight role but they've made a policy decision not to involve themselves because of the potential volume of work. I don't understand to who or how they're accountable but it seems to me that groups representing more vulnerable road users should be challenging this vigourously.

Top Bottom