1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearly bought a tent.

Discussion in 'Touring and Expedition' started by wicker man, 4 Jan 2017.

1. Haven't owned a "lightweight" tent since I sold my Phoenix Freeranger and Vango Force 10 nearly 25 years ago. I've been thinking of trying a cycle camping trip during the summer, so have been browsing tents. Tiso were selling the Coshee 2 for £74 to card holders, so cleared everything at home and logged on today but 'sold out' :sad:

Ah well keep looking - thinking of a Coshee 2, Banshee 200 or Zephyros - any thoughts, pros/cons or comments on my decision welcome.

2. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Banshee is pretty good but short on length. IIRC you're quite a bit taller than me and at 5'9" Im reaching the ends.

wicker man likes this.
  3. Yes, I'm 6'2" so do need some 'length'

Fab Foodie likes this.
  4. andrew_s

andrew_s Veteran

wicker man likes this.
  5. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

That seems like an awful lot of money for a summer cycling trip tent, especially when the OP was looking around the hundred quid mark.

Blue Hills and wicker man like this.
  6. Tigerbiten

Tigerbiten Über Member

I've used a Zephyros 2, 2-ish man tent, used solo for extra room.
    I found the tent OK as I can put it up with only one hand, but the pole can crack at the joints after a lot of use.

wicker man likes this.
  7. mmmmartin

mmmmartin Random geezer

the january sales are your friend - a visit to Cotswold might produce a bargain and you can see what they look like and often get inside the tent. youll make your own choice and my only comment would be that you do get what you pay for and a cheap tent will be absolutely fine in good conditions. In heavy rain and high wind you might regret saving thirty quid.

Adrian and wicker man like this.
  8. Thanks - maybe not a problem as I'll probably only make a few long weekend trips a year to start with.

9. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Go Outdoors have a good range of tents including their own brands. Decathlon too. Prices are keen.

10. Might consider a hammock, those are pretty nice, once they are all set up and ready.

11. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Veteran

Good time to buy a tent wickerman so go for it.

Check out taunton leisure, they often have sales this time of year, delivery will be free for a tent.

12. Sorted - bought a Zephyros 2 from Cotswold for £99 (£50 off) :smile:

Cycleops and Blue Hills like this.
  13. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Veteran

Good - do report back on it.

when will its first trip be?

14. Will be using it or a 'base' tent when I head down for the Dirty Reiver in April, then maybe an overnighter over Uig way, some backpacking with the dogs and either a Cape Wrath trip or Bara to the Butt if I can gt free time from work :smile: