Nearly bought a tent.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iandg

Legendary Member
Haven't owned a "lightweight" tent since I sold my Phoenix Freeranger and Vango Force 10 nearly 25 years ago. I've been thinking of trying a cycle camping trip during the summer, so have been browsing tents. Tiso were selling the Coshee 2 for £74 to card holders, so cleared everything at home and logged on today but 'sold out' :sad:

Ah well keep looking - thinking of a Coshee 2, Banshee 200 or Zephyros - any thoughts, pros/cons or comments on my decision welcome.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Haven't owned a "lightweight" tent since I sold my Phoenix Freeranger and Vango Force 10 nearly 25 years ago. I've been thinking of trying a cycle camping trip during the summer, so have been browsing tents. Tiso were selling the Coshee 2 for £74 to card holders, so cleared everything at home and logged on today but 'sold out' :sad:

Ah well keep looking - thinking of a Coshee 2, Banshee 200 or Zephyros - any thoughts, pros/cons or comments on my decision welcome.
Banshee is pretty good but short on length. IIRC you're quite a bit taller than me and at 5'9" Im reaching the ends.

I've used a Zephyros 2, 2-ish man tent, used solo for extra room.
I found the tent OK as I can put it up with only one hand, but the pole can crack at the joints after a lot of use.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
the january sales are your friend - a visit to Cotswold might produce a bargain and you can see what they look like and often get inside the tent. youll make your own choice and my only comment would be that you do get what you pay for and a cheap tent will be absolutely fine in good conditions. In heavy rain and high wind you might regret saving thirty quid.

OP
OP
iandg

iandg

Legendary Member
I've used a Zephyros 2, 2-ish man tent, used solo for extra room.
I found the tent OK as I can put it up with only one hand, but the pole can crack at the joints after a lot of use.

Thanks - maybe not a problem as I'll probably only make a few long weekend trips a year to start with.

Good time to buy a tent wickerman so go for it.

Check out taunton leisure, they often have sales this time of year, delivery will be free for a tent.

OP
OP
iandg

iandg

Legendary Member
Good - do report back on it.

when will its first trip be?
Will be using it or a 'base' tent when I head down for the Dirty User9609 in April, then maybe an overnighter over Uig way, some backpacking with the dogs and either a Cape Wrath trip or Bara to the Butt if I can gt free time from work :smile:

Top Bottom