Nearly Came Off In The Wet! Why Did The Sun Leave Us!!??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Going round a roundabout that I use a lot I came round and there are a bang and I lost my rear wheel. Luckily though it came back around and I gained control. A moments loss of traction on a bend but it didn't chuck me off which is good of course. .
I thought I went over the drain but looking at the footage I didn't nor can a see any stones but it did for sure get my heart racing a bit. I think the noise was just the wheel slipping.
I hate the rain and wet. I'm such a fair weather cyclist.

On another note I don't go out in the wet much but I had no idea how much it effects you're braking. I was rather taken aback by it. I knew it reduced your breaking effectiveness but not as much as it did.

Why sun? Why did you forsake us?

View: http://youtu.be/8wUmqGvag3E

snorri

Legendary Member
It's a regional thing:thumbsup:
Nearly came off on a corner today when suddenly faced by dazzling sunlight, when is this summer going to end?

:smile:

stowie

Legendary Member
This wasn't commuting but coming back from the shops today. The traffic was appalling and I was filtering through when a kiwi rolled right under my front wheel presumably from the fruit and veg stalls nearby. The front wheel skittered all over the place but I just missed the car next to me and carried on. If I had hit the car I imagine someone would have chuckled at the insurance form when I blamed a rogue kiwi fruit.

U

User6179

Going round a roundabout that I use a lot I came round and there are a bang and I lost my rear wheel. Luckily though it came back around and I gained control. A moments loss of traction on a bend but it didn't chuck me off which is good of course. .
I thought I went over the drain but looking at the footage I didn't nor can a see any stones but it did for sure get my heart racing a bit. I think the noise was just the wheel slipping.
I hate the rain and wet. I'm such a fair weather cyclist.

On another note I don't go out in the wet much but I had no idea how much it effects you're braking. I was rather taken aback by it. I knew it reduced your breaking effectiveness but not as much as it did.

Why sun? Why did you forsake us?

View: http://youtu.be/8wUmqGvag3E

What tyres are you using?

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
What tyres are you using?
Cheap £25(each) ones. I don't recall the name. First time I have ever had a issue with them. I have been out on wet roads with them before with no trouble.
It was a slip and then they gained traction again so possibly oil or something. I was not fast nor was the turn that sharp.

U

User6179

Cheap £25(each) ones. I don't recall the name. First time I have ever had a issue with them. I have been out on wet roads with them before.
I ask because the ones that came with my aksium wheels are like that on RABs in the wet , they slide a few inches then seem to grip, think vittoria make them for mavic.

Black Country Ste

I lost my back wheel on a mini roundabout yesterday but managed to stay upright. I was turning right, watching the car coming the other way, mindful not to hit the mound but caught the wet manhole cover I didn't see.

A couple of days before I had a pedal strike there. I don't like mini roundabouts...

U

User6179

Most tyres are like this. Hence, ride according to the conditions. I don't lean the bike in the wet, instead I steer round bends.
yes my schwalbes marathons and my spesh amadillos can slide at speed but the vittorias if that's what they are seem to slide at low speeds on slightest of turns.

Top Bottom