Nearly drove over cyclist in my car :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill-H

slow and steady
I was driving at about 35 in a 60 as road is narrow and twists and turns when a out from a side road came a flying cyclist no checks straight out into primary just infront of me causing a sudden brake and a severe brown pants motion
Sometimes I understand why drivers find us annoying

OP
OP
Bill-H

Bill-H

slow and steady
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362058092.143628.jpg

I was traveling right to left

sidevalve

Über Member
Best try to forget it. A similar thing happened to a work mate of mine years ago except sadly he hit the guy. Fortunately injuries were slight and the old bloke involved even admitted "just riding out, done it for years". My mate however was never quite the same again and ended up losing his job as a sales rep. As said above numpties come in all walks of life, some may drive, some may ride and the results of accidents aren't always visible.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Knock the clown off his bike, then get hours of verbals from him and forum sites about how the nasty car hurt him.

Car drivers , cyclists , dictators there is always a few bad ones

sidevalve

Über Member
Knock the clown off his bike, then get hours of verbals from him and forum sites about how the nasty car hurt him.

Car drivers , cyclists , dictators there is always a few bad ones
So true.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I nearly collected a woman on a bike the other day. Really scared me. I rounded a bend on the B1108 road from Norwich to Watton and there she was! No lights at all, dressed in black riding along on an unlit road. I was only doing about 40mph as it was pitch black, raining & a twisty bit of road under a 'tree tunnel'. I only missed her by about 3 feet.

Even though she was invisible, it would have been my fault if I had hit her. I dread to think what would have happened if I hadn't known that road and been so aware of my surroundings. That woman is a statistic waiting to happen.

Hip Priest

Veteran
These things happen. I've mentioned this before probably, but my father-in-law is a very keen roadie, yet managed to knock a cyclist off. He was mortified and practically wrote the unfortunate cyclist a blank cheque to get his bike fixed up.

Top Bottom