1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearly got killed this morning

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Cycling Naturalist, 20 Sep 2007.

1. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

I was going round the roundabout coming into Chirk, when a school bus pulled straight in front of me. I managed to brake on the roundabout and avoid a collision by coming to a complete halt. Fortunately, I got a good look at the driver, the name of the company and half the registration number before he drove off looking worried.

Judging by the time he was running a bit late. Just what sort of pillock is willing to run the risk of killing someone to save 10 seconds?

2. Speck

Speck Oldest Teenager In Town

I'll bet that made you think of"Silent Witness"!

3. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Whatever you do, don't post a video of it. Somehow someone will convince you it was your fault.......:blush::o)

classic33 likes this.
  4. frog

frog Guest

Well, that accounts for about 70% of drivers. I think most get in the vehicle each morning and Walter Mitty takes over and all of a sudden they're delivering the life saving kidney to the PM's daughter.

On the other hand I can see his problem. He gets held up by you and all of a sudden that's 30 odd kids in detention for being late. That's a pretty tough decision :blush:

Glad to hear you're alright. Take two slices of virtural cake, sorry run out of jam d-nuts, and a long cool isotonic drink from the fridge. These are on the house :o)

5. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

You've already written to the company I take it?

6. OP
    OP
    Cycling Naturalist

I know the company and I've just had a long chat with their very sympathetic transport manager. The driver concerned is just about to become a vicar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God told me to ignore the Highway Code no doubt.:blush:

7. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Crikey!!! Glad you're OK. For a moment I thought vicar was some sort of euphemism.

8. OP
    OP
    Cycling Naturalist

I suspect that the church is trying to cut down on the number of gays, and this means that they're having to recruit mad bus drivers.

9. Glad you're ok Patrick. I hope he's a better vicar than he is a bus driver!

10. OP
    OP
    Cycling Naturalist

He won't find it difficult! Parents will need to watch him carefully during baptisms though.

11. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Maybe his intention is to line up a few funerals etc to get his new career started with gusto.

12. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Are you sure you didn't upset him at some point in the past?

13. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

Has he only just decided to become a vicar due to this near-miss because he's 'seen the light'?

14. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

we don't even know if Patrick had lights on-board.

15. OP
    OP
    Cycling Naturalist

If he'd hung around, he'd have certainly been upset. It would have been in the papers. :blush:

"Schoolchildren wept as a cyclist told their bus driver that he was a ****ing useless driver, who wasn't fit to be in charge of a pedal car, let alone a school bus."