Nearly got killed this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was going round the roundabout coming into Chirk, when a school bus pulled straight in front of me. I managed to brake on the roundabout and avoid a collision by coming to a complete halt. Fortunately, I got a good look at the driver, the name of the company and half the registration number before he drove off looking worried.

Judging by the time he was running a bit late. Just what sort of pillock is willing to run the risk of killing someone to save 10 seconds?

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
I'll bet that made you think of"Silent Witness"!

frog

Just what sort of pillock is willing to run the risk of killing someone to save 10 seconds?

Well, that accounts for about 70% of drivers. I think most get in the vehicle each morning and Walter Mitty takes over and all of a sudden they're delivering the life saving kidney to the PM's daughter.

On the other hand I can see his problem. He gets held up by you and all of a sudden that's 30 odd kids in detention for being late. That's a pretty tough decision :blush:

Glad to hear you're alright. Take two slices of virtural cake, sorry run out of jam d-nuts, and a long cool isotonic drink from the fridge. These are on the house :o)

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Twenty Inch said:
You've already written to the company I take it?

I know the company and I've just had a long chat with their very sympathetic transport manager. The driver concerned is just about to become a vicar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God told me to ignore the Highway Code no doubt.:blush:

Glad you're ok Patrick. I hope he's a better vicar than he is a bus driver!

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
domtyler said:
Are you sure you didn't upset him at some point in the past?

If he'd hung around, he'd have certainly been upset. It would have been in the papers. :blush:

"Schoolchildren wept as a cyclist told their bus driver that he was a ****ing useless driver, who wasn't fit to be in charge of a pedal car, let alone a school bus."

Top Bottom