Nearly got swiped by a Jewsons van

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
So, after 8 months of no problems with cars/vans/trucks etc but today I nearly got hit by an overtaking lorry. Firstly, he started his overtaking manuver to closely, and then started to pull in before he had cleared my bike, I had to slam my brakes on otherwise he would have hit me,

Because I had to stop I had no chance of catching him to take his number.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world, but I guess now would be a good time to buy a helmet cam.

BSRU

A Human Being
The advantage of a camera is it captures things you forget when pumped full of adrenalin because something scary happened to you.

It maybe worth reporting anyway as many companies have camera's and/or telemetry equipment so they company may be able to trace the vehicle given the time and location of the incident.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
If you want a good quality camera for a low price, check this one out.

I have it and simply record from the start of my ride (change rechargables after about 1 hour), and process the videos on my computer (use windows Moviemaker to cut them down in size). Then you can either store them on your computer for future reference, or upload them to Youtube.

Edit: One improvement you need to make to the camera, is to tape over the mic (on the bottom of the camera), and use the small velcro strap to secure the camera in its mount.

BSRU

A Human Being

I have it and simply record from the start of my ride (change rechargables after about 1 hour), and process the videos on my computer (use windows Moviemaker to cut them down in size). Then you can either store them on your computer for future reference, or upload them to Youtube.

Edit: One improvement you need to make to the camera, is to tape over the mic (on the bottom of the camera), and use the small velcro strap to secure the camera in its mount.

That's not a great camera, you can buy a 720p HD Poseidon camera for a few pounds more, with a battery that lasts over three hours, cheap to buy extra batteries and can record almost 2 and 3/4 hours of video on an 8GB card.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV

The Muvi is a much better camera than that and can be had for only a few quid more.

OP
OP
M

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
Cheers for the advice on cameras guys. Iv written them an email with the time, location etc. No idea if I will hear anything back though.zoider....in what respect. Other than mentioning the name of the company (which was intentional) I'm not to sure what you mean?

Top Bottom