Nearly got taken out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

manalog

Über Member
I was on my way to work this morning (8:35am) going downhill down The Avenue in Greenwich Park, I was already doing 20mph and there were cars in front of me. A tw@t in a Dark Blue Hatchback tried to overtake me with oncoming traffic when he couldn't he deliberately swerve in to me and missed me by inches. Another Cyclist witnessed all this but forgot to take his details. The moton got out of his car and started blaming me for making him nearly crashed on to oncoming traffic and the usual why don't you use the Cycle Lane. I got his Registration Plate but how do I confirm that this is correct, is there a website I can use to check make model and colour? I think his car is a Vauxhall and is Dark Blue Hatchback.
He was in such hurry he had time to stop for nearly 10 mins with all the effing and huffing, Im definitely going to get a Camera.

Armegatron

ASKMID is the site you want to confirm make / model to reg.

http://www.askmid.com/ownvehicle/

BUT you will need to say the car belongs to you :biggrin:

Glad your ok though, I had a similar one last week where he overtook with oncoming traffic. My heart stopped as I thought I was going to end up part of a tangle of metal.

Arch

Married to Night Train
To go to the police, you don't need to check the vehicle make, do you? A description and a reg, they do the rest.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Local Police will log it on the PNC as a report against him. If he gets three reports he will get a visit at home and a Producer notice. If he's seen by a car equipped with ANPR he will get stopped for a chat.

That's what happens in Lancashire and Greater Manchester anyway.

OP
OP
manalog

manalog

Über Member
Thanks Guys. I have reported him to London Road safe website but will go to the Local Police Tonight.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I had this

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HlJNodCgKM
which sounds similar to yours, badly timed overtake = the driver being a knob. Reported to RoadSafe London website when it was very new. and they did nothing but send him a letter.

As i've said on many threads about this, i wouldn't use the roadsafe london website in future for incidences like this, but will continue to use it report minor stuff.

OP
OP
manalog

manalog

Über Member
gaz said:
I had this

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HlJNodCgKM
which sounds similar to yours, badly timed overtake = the driver being a knob. Reported to RoadSafe London website when it was very new. and they did nothing but send him a letter.

As i've said on many threads about this, i wouldn't use the roadsafe london website in future for incidences like this, but will continue to use it report minor stuff.

Very similar indeed overtaking with oncoming traffic except that the moton was trying to hit me, he would habe succeded if there was a kerb. BTW what cam are you using? Is it mounted on the bar or helmet?

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
gaz said:

The last near miss I reported to roadsafe they didn't even bother to respond.

OP
OP
manalog

manalog

Über Member
Tinuts said:
The last near miss I reported to roadsafe they didn't even bother to respond.

I reported the moton to Roadsafe yesterday morning, I'm still waiting for a response or I'm being too optimistic? I have not reported to the Police yet as the Police Station in Greenwich Park was unmanned when I got there at around 6:30pm and I didn't have time to hang around.

Top Bottom