Nearly hit a cyclist today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

He was waiting in the middle of the road to turn right (no problem there).
Unfortunately, just as I was about to pass him (on his left) he had a clipless moment and fell straight infront of the car.

It was close; but I just stopped in time.

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

I stopped 10 yrds up the road and started to walk back, to ask if he was alright; but he just got up and rode off. Guessing he was fine.

domtyler

Über Member
I was caning it up Bishopsgate this morning at about thirty miles an hour, overtaking some oik on a bike in trousers and shirt who quickly signalled right and then swerved into my path causing me to swerve and shout loudly at him to wathc what the fuk he was doing, needless to say he let rip with a stream of expletives of his own!! :smile: Bloody cyclists, why don't they just stick to the tube where they're less of a menace? :biggrin:

yello

RedBike said:
I stopped 10 yrds up the road and started to walk back, to ask if he was alright; but he just got up and rode off. Guessing he was fine.

Probably more embarrassed than anything else!

We've all been there :biggrin: (Well, seemingly, some of us haven't!)

jmaccyd

I have seen a few 'eye-popping' moments in fifteen years of driving in London. I have always been relaxed about cyclists riding the 'wrong-way' up or down one ways since I almost turned head on into a London double decker driving at high speed the wrong way in a one way. However, the cyclist cycling the wrong way up the dual carriage way bit of Lower Thames street in the middle of the two lanes into oncomming traffic takes the biscuit

Tynan

Veteran
if he was waiting to turn right then he shouldn't have been clipped in should he?

clearly unsafe

hackbike 6

domtyler said:
I was caning it up Bishopsgate this morning at about thirty miles an hour, overtaking some oik on a bike in trousers and shirt who quickly signalled right and then swerved into my path causing me to swerve and shout loudly at him to wathc what the fuk he was doing, needless to say he let rip with a stream of expletives of his own!! :biggrin: Bloody cyclists, why don't they just stick to the tube where they're less of a menace? :tongue:

Yeah sorry about that...I saw a loon in lycra bearing down on me and I panicked sorry.:tongue:

Top Bottom