Nearly knocked off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I personally think that when we apologise it shows us more favourably as Gentlemen or Ladies. I know from personaly experience how shock can make you swear like a merchant seaman, but to others it can come across as aggressive unless they have been put in that position themselves.

If she's blanking you thats her loss. You've done the right thing, she hasnt.

OP
OP
MossCommuter
I'm with Jezston - I think she's embarrassed.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I personally think that when we apologise it shows us more favourably as Gentlemen or Ladies. I know from personaly experience how shock can make you swear like a merchant seaman, but to others it can come across as aggressive unless they have been put in that position themselves.

Indeed. A while back I was behind a woman walking a dog on the shared riverside path, and she walked through a narrow pinchpoint at a gate, and then stopped dead. I had to jam the brakes on (fortunately I was only going slowly anyway), and yelled in surprise "Don't stop!". Brakes squealed a bit too. Made her jump, but when I said sorry for making her jump, and I was just scared of runnng into her, she said no, not at all, she shouldn't have stopped where she did. Best result all round really.

You're getting into all sorts of bother these days Arch. You're not manufacturing these incidents....are you? ;):smile:

OP
OP
MossCommuter
NOT Rosé - WHITE! God GOD you NEVER listen to a THING I say!

That's it we're THROUGH!

see, that's your problem - you never say... I try to mix things up and all I get is grief, here am I thinking you liked the rose, you never said... You should have said... I thought you liked the Blossom Hill - you even said you liked the Blossom Hill

Sometimes I think you never knew me at all

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think she's embarassed too.

The nearest I get to that is when parents near school cut in too close to get past my son and me, and it always makes me think, how would your son or daughter think if you knocked down someone who goes to their school, sometimes its even parents from his class!

I take a professional pride in by ability to live up to a reputation like that.
The portugese seaman on the boat I work on are completely bilingual in profanity.:smile:

Top Bottom