Nearly lost my face

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bond

Thought I would share my strange little tale of the day with you.

Was cycling along on the road on my way to see a mate when a 4x4 drove past and very close to me, when the back door window came upto me it was rolled down and a dog was snapping at my face :evil: I couldn't believe this happend and it was so unexpected that I nearly crashed my bike.

I hope you were wearing a helmet.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
scares the crap out of you don't it..

I was filtering past some cars, and in the back of one was a dog and it jumped at the window and started barking as i went past. Scared the leaving crap out of me and i nearly jumped into a bin on the pavement...

I had a few incidents recently and find I am not really shaken up any more.One example being of when that bus was closing the gap between itself and the taxi (just as I went through on the fixie) on my video.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Bruno used to *HATE* motorbikes, but we'd never let him get anywhere near to them, mainly for his own safety!

The dog might have had something about bikes, but no right minded, responsible dog owner would let their dog be able to do THAT, purely for the reason I've already given. Safety.

By what you have said about the car being way to close to start off with it seems like it was pretty deliberate, and even if it wasn't, it's still wrong!

If that's happening, then clearly something is going to happen to the dog sooner or later.

Poor dog!
That is not responsible dog ownership. Period!

Mark_Robson

I once had a little girl stick her doll in my face as her dads car approached some lights I was waiting at ....Bless her, tt still makes me smile thinking about it. :evil:
The problem is that most motorists aren't cyclists and they don't realise how vulnerable we are.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
It's not just animal, I go through two level crossings on my way home....the injection of pace you find when those sirens go off and your still on the tracks would make Cav and Sir Chris look slow!

Vikeonabike said:
It's not just animal, I go through two level crossings on my way home....the injection of pace you find when those sirens go off and your still on the tracks would make Cav and Sir Chris look slow!

I'd check whether the sirens are going or not.(If possible)

Top Bottom