Need a Buddy....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaz Vickers

I am enjoying solo riding, However i think it might be more enjoyable having a Cycling buddy, Someone to motivate me when i can't really be bothered, or to push me the extra mile or so.... The trouble is finding said person who is local to me. (Heywood - Lancs)
I ride a MTN bike but do 90% of riding on Road. Early Sunday mornings are the best time for me to get out.
If anyone wants to join me then give me a shout, or any other websites etc to find local cyclists?
P.S - I'm not very fast - i'm at a novice level..... :laugh:

P.S - I'm not very fast - i'm at a novice level..... :laugh:

.. you forgot to mention that you don't shave your legs as well !!! :headshake:

:tongue:

..well, same as that! I enjoy very much my rides but the roads here can be quite daunting. I would feel safer if I had a cycling buddy (or two for that matter) especially for the longer rides. Too bad we're not exactly next door!!! :tired:
I think I will join a cycling club soon. Wouldn't that work for you?

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

.. you forgot to mention that you don't shave your legs as well !!! :headshake:

:tongue:

..well, same as that! I enjoy very much my rides but the roads here can be quite daunting. I would feel safer if I had a cycling buddy (or two for that matter) especially for the longer rides. Too bad we're not exactly next door!!! :tired:
I think I will join a cycling club soon. Wouldn't that work for you?
**I AM NOT SHAVING MY LEGS!! No matter how much you taunt me! :giggle:
No seriously, Especially with the rubbish weather closing in, it would be better to have a pal.

As for a Club, i have thought about it, but maybe next summer when i'm more upto speed, so to speak! lol

I ride a MTN bike but do 90% of riding on Road.

I was -and still do- the same! During my hols in Majorca though I tried (rented) a full carbon RB.. That was the end of my love afair with my -exeptional in every way- Specialized Myka MTB! Now I'm in search for my first road bike.. (searching my deep in my pockets that is! :cry:)

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

I was -and still do- the same! During my hols in Majorca though I tried (rented) a full carbon RB.. That was the end of my love afair with my -exeptional in every way- Specialized Myka MTB! Now I'm in search for my first road bike.. (searching my deep in my pockets that is! :cry:)
thats my worry, that i will want to spend a fortune! haha.
Why don't you put a couple of rides in the Informal Rides section? That might generate a few others.
i could do , but was just seeing if there was someone near to me who would just want a casual ride out. Cheers for the pointer though. :thumbsup:

GentlyBenevolent

I might be able to meet up for a sunday morning, although at the moment the distance from me to you is about what I'm doing for a ride. I'll send you a PM and see if there's a viable way.

bigjim

Legendary Member
Bury CTC meet every Sunday morning in decent weather, close to you. You can always do half a day and turn back. there is usually someone on a half day ride. I do a circular ride from Prestwich through Birch, Heywood, Pilsworth, Whitefield about 3 times a week but it is usually weekday mornings.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

Bury CTC meet every Sunday morning in decent weather, close to you. You can always do half a day and turn back. there is usually someone on a half day ride. I do a circular ride from Prestwich through Birch, Heywood, Pilsworth, Whitefield about 3 times a week but it is usually weekday mornings.
Hey - Yeah i came across their website a while back - although i'm no-where near ready to jion a club yet! Definately in the future though.
It seems you pass by me on a regular basis. Although on a different time scale, I rode Pilsworth to Whitefield the other week. Its a nice route. Who knows - maybe one day we may cross paths!

Davehateshills

Hi Gaz,
As we are only a couple of miles apart I am up for going out on a few rides. I have also done a couple of Sky rides from Heaton Park which were great. On the back of that I have joined SSG Oldham Cycling on Facebook. A great bunch of like minded people who organise rides of varying difficulty (all road though) Just request to join the group.

PM me and we can sort a ride out.

Top Bottom