Need a little help to choose...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scrumdiddly

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I'm getting back into cycling now after 13 years of laziness but I need a little help choosing... I'll be riding on roads and the occasional dirt track so I'm going for a hybrid. I'll be getting it from Evanscycles - if only to keep my options simple - and I've narrowed it down to these two bikes:

http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=71296

http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=71025

Unfortunately I have to stay under £200(for now)... I'll be going for a test ride in a couple of days but I wonder if any of you have any advice for me in the meantime.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hmm, I'd say the Ridgeback because it doesn't have suspension - more cash will go into the components and it will be a better bike.

Having suspension at this price isn't fantastic, and it really eats into the budget for other parts.

The Ridgeback looks pretty good !

domtyler

Über Member
Hi Scrumdiddly, welcome to the forum, like the username! :biggrin:

Not sure what advice to give as you haven't asked anything, but I guess the most important aspect of cycling is to enjoy it! :smile:

OP
OP
S

scrumdiddly

domtyler said:
Hi Scrumdiddly, welcome to the forum, like the username! :biggrin:

Not sure what advice to give as you haven't asked anything, but I guess the most important aspect of cycling is to enjoy it! :smile:
You're right - questions would have helped! :biggrin: I suppose I was just wondering if there was anything obviously crappy about those choices. Looks like it'll just be down to which one I like when I see them.

fossyant said:
Hmm, I'd say the Ridgeback because it doesn't have suspension - more cash will go into the components and it will be a better bike.

Having suspension at this price isn't fantastic, and it really eats into the budget for other parts.

The Ridgeback looks pretty good !
Yeah I wasn't too sure about suspension on a £200 bike, thanks for that.

Think I'm going to be here frequently from now on...

postman

Legendary Member
Thats it cut up your credit card.It's all downhill now.Another one bites the dust.Welcome.Enjoy yourself on here ask away.Always someone to help.If you really get the bug.By asking you could save a fortune.

Top Bottom