Need a new bike.. again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Are you on FB Reverend ?
There tend to be sellers sites on there, often bike related groups as well. While it's an obvious route for stolen bikes to be sold, I look at the seller, anyone selling bikes all the time I tend to avoid unless I know them, but we've sold two over the last 3 years via FB.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I am based in Newcastle, UK. I had a look on eBay, gumtree and fb marketplace but can't seem to find anything good that is the right size, price or within a distance i can go to.

Had a look but nothing affordable or looking reliable on it in Newcastle so far from looking

In Newcastle check out Recyke y'Bike - in Byker & the city centre - for refurbished second-hand bikes.

And if you talk to Sara & Kev in the Newcastle shop they'll tell you how to look after it and advise on maintenance.

nickAKA

Über Member
Wiggle do interest free credit but you may have to up your budget, which, if it's a bike you can't afford to let you down, isn't a bad idea. Wait until after Christmas and look to pick up a bargain in the sales.
You've already had the "buy cheap, buy twice" mantra perfectly illustrated to you so think about what's really important before your next purchase.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/cycle/urban-bikes/

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I've a feeling this isn't going to have a happy ending. Previous question asked and advice given. Advice ignored with predictable outcome. Now same question asked again and more advice given. Anyone like to predict the outcome this time??

vickster

Legendary Member
If the op needs a decent used bike why not try this place or somewhere similar.

http://recyke-y-bike.org

I volunteer at a similar scheme in Cardiff and we sell fully serviced and roadworthy bikes with a three month guarantee (several sold to Uber Eats and Deliveroo riders).
He doesn’t have the cash to buy though, needs finance which presumably recycle coops don’t offer?

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I've a feeling this isn't going to have a happy ending. Previous question asked and advice given. Advice ignored with predictable outcome. Now same question asked again and more advice given. Anyone like to predict the outcome this time??
I would like to think a lesson was learnt and the good advice given here won't be ignored again. People here DO know what they are talking about and I expect some have made similar errors in the past. We all have to learn. :okay:

I would like to think a lesson was learnt and the good advice given here won't be ignored again. People here DO know what they are talking about and I expect some have made similar errors in the past. We all have to learn. :okay:
I wonder if we could set up a 'try before you buy' type arrangement on CC? Problem with LBCs is you never get much time on a bike, although The Bike Factory in Chester let me have a £4K Trek Madone for 'as long as I needed'.. Very trusting.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I wonder if we could set up a 'try before you buy' type arrangement on CC? Problem with LBCs is you never get much time on a bike, although The Bike Factory in Chester let me have a £4K Trek Madone for 'as long as I needed'.. Very trusting.
Now its two years later and you haven't taken it back yet? ^_^

They must lose a lot of bikes if they are that trusting!

Top Bottom