Need a new bike!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
An update
Put new chain, cassette and tyres on the Carrera.
Put new tyres on the Boardman.
Completed several training rides, namely a 50 miler, 70 and 80 miler with around 330 miles last month. Only completed two short rides this week ahead of the mini tour starting Monday.

The Boardman wins, so much smoother and comfier. The Carrera isn't riding smoothly, the new cassette doesn't work so well, maybe just me needing to get used to the ratios but I'm inclined to move on soon when I select a new road bike.
My third bike, a mountain bike used for gentle track rides is poorly, my 6'5" 19 stone prop forward son took it for a ride and now the back wheel is super wobbly 😳

So it's about 230/50 mile in 3 days, any tips?

battered

Guru
As others say, go steady and break it into chunks. Your CX bike with slicks will be fine. It's not 230 miles, it's 40 miles in the morning, lunch, 40 miles in the afternoon. Dinner, a few pints, head down. Repeat. You can do a 3 or 4 hour ride, can't you? Off you go then. It's just 8 times that over 3 days.

si_c

Guru
Thanks all, excited and a little nervous , but mainly excited
Sounds like you're all sorted, correct choices made as regards equipment.

You'll probably find the that the group will settle into a comfortable pace around 12-15mph max, it's a multi day tour any faster and it becomes hard to sustain.

Best way to think of it is as six 30 mile rides, before and after lunch each day. If you can ride a hundred miles then you can do thirty:okay:

Top Bottom