Need a new Camelback; also looking at electrolyte drinks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I need a new Camelbak at I stupidly sold my last one some years ago.

So what do people use?

Also I bought a cycling magazine and it had some free samples of the High5 Zero Electrolyte Sports Drink tablets in it. I quite liked them and they I think helped me to recover from my rides afterwards.

I've run out of them and was wondering if anyone recommends them?

Also how do you take the rubbery taste away from the reservoir in the camelbak ??

vickster

Legendary Member
I use the high 5 zero tabs on a longish ride on a hot day, but out of bottles. Can on,y stomach the pink grapefruit ones though! Plenty of bogof offers out there

Could try something like Milton in the reservoir? Or they probably do a branded cleaning solution?

I've stopped spending ££'s on tabs and I just use juice now to flavour water and add a pinch of salt to it.

I also use bottles, Camelbak Podium bottles so that my "woughta tastes like what it oughta" lol

I've got this Camelbak if you fancy it. Hardly been used, been dry stored and is in basically new condition.

Camelbak.jpg

smokeysmoo
Do you know what model it is ?
Not a clue TBH. Do they say on them anywhere, if so I can't see anything, but then again I don't know where I should be looking if they do.

OP
OP
F
I've decided not to buy a new camelbak.
Going to buy a couple of bottles to go on my back instead.

Thank you smokeysmoo for the offer though :smile:

zacklaws

Guru
Thank you for the offer, but I think I want a bigger one.

If its big enough to throw over your shoulder and hang down your back, then I think that would be classed as a "Big One"

Many options for electrolytes.......but if you buy them, they are not cheap, if you think they are cheap, then I suggest you look at the ingredients carefully and price them up. Then you will see what a rip off they are. ie...chalk, bath salts, baking powder etc, items you can buy from a chemist or off a supermarket shelf

I make my own based on the ingredients of the basic Nuun tablets, less vitamin B2,

http://www.nuun.com/products

For the equivalent price of 12 tablets I make the equvalent of 600 tablets in one go in powder form and still have enough to make up more batches. Its then a simple case of weighing out the same weight as a nuun tablet and sticking it in your bottle.

Its also cheaper to buy electrolyte powder from "My Protein", or as mentioned, just use table salt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom