Need a new saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I felt the same about the charge spoon as you, useless after a couple of miles. I went for a Spesh Toupe team, best saddle i have ever had, might suit you it might not,

SLIMKIM

I love my Soon Saddle on my Road Bike. Longest ride ive done on it was 104 miles and it was fine. very comfortable. I guess all our backsides are different. Lol

mattobrien

Guru
I have got a Fizik Kurve snake which came as OEM on my bike and I like the saddle very much, so much so that I got another for my wet weather / winter bike.

You may find that one of the Fizik Kurve saddles, snake, bull or chameleon will by a good fit for you. As others have said, these too are available on a loan basis.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'm a long time B17 user. I bought a bike from Spa in Harrogate and got it with the default saddle, a Passport Navigator (reviewed here). The Spa guy said they were the cheapest decent saddle they could find and that most people ordered a different one, or fitted their own - which is what I intended to do. Anyway I've found that I actually prefer it to my B17, and it has stayed on the bike. At £18 you could give it a bash, although I don't expect it to last for a long time.

But as noted above, saddle preferences are so personal as to make my waffle pretty much meaningless.
That is the one I have ended up with after wasting a fortune on trying different ones. Still not perfect though. It's like finding the Holy Grail. :laugh:

inkd

Sorry to raise on oldish thread but I am experiencing the same problems, had my spoon on my hybrid for a year with no worries but now on my roadie I am having arse ache after 20 miles. I have put the stock saddle back on for now, do any locals know if Hargroves do the arse measurements? Thanks.

inkd

Just out of curiosity, do shops charge for this service or is it free if a saddle is purchased?

inkd

quick update, called Hargroves and am popping in for a measurement on Monday, They also offered a 30 day money back guarantee on their saddles if not satisfied :thumbsup:

Top Bottom