Need a new saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I felt the same about the charge spoon as you, useless after a couple of miles. I went for a Spesh Toupe team, best saddle i have ever had, might suit you it might not,

SLIMKIM

I love my Soon Saddle on my Road Bike. Longest ride ive done on it was 104 miles and it was fine. very comfortable. I guess all our backsides are different. Lol

I have got a Fizik Kurve snake which came as OEM on my bike and I like the saddle very much, so much so that I got another for my wet weather / winter bike.

You may find that one of the Fizik Kurve saddles, snake, bull or chameleon will by a good fit for you. As others have said, these too are available on a loan basis.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'm a long time B17 user. I bought a bike from Spa in Harrogate and got it with the default saddle, a Passport Navigator (reviewed here). The Spa guy said they were the cheapest decent saddle they could find and that most people ordered a different one, or fitted their own - which is what I intended to do. Anyway I've found that I actually prefer it to my B17, and it has stayed on the bike. At £18 you could give it a bash, although I don't expect it to last for a long time.

But as noted above, saddle preferences are so personal as to make my waffle pretty much meaningless.
That is the one I have ended up with after wasting a fortune on trying different ones. Still not perfect though. It's like finding the Holy Grail. :laugh:

jagman.2003

Über Member
With my low profile hair cut I could never buy a saddle called 'toupe'. But have found Specializes saddles very good personally.

inkd

Sorry to raise on oldish thread but I am experiencing the same problems, had my spoon on my hybrid for a year with no worries but now on my roadie I am having arse ache after 20 miles. I have put the stock saddle back on for now, do any locals know if Hargroves do the arse measurements? Thanks.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Not a local, but their website shows that they stock Specialized, so yes, they almost certainly will do.:thumbsup: (All the Specialized dealers I've visited have an "arseometer".)

inkd

Just out of curiosity, do shops charge for this service or is it free if a saddle is purchased?

inkd

quick update, called Hargroves and am popping in for a measurement on Monday, They also offered a 30 day money back guarantee on their saddles if not satisfied :thumbsup:

Top Bottom