Need a very simple bike computer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Is that right? I'm a bit confused by the battery buisness! Some say you should let it go flat, some say you should never let it go flat. for my part, I'd prefer for it to be fully charged every time I go out, but I don´t want to damage the battery.

It's absolutely right.

There's no harm in letting the battery run as flat as controller will allow, but it doesn't do any positive good, either, because lithium batteries don't need or respond to conditioning.

Have a look at what woosh have to say:

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/electric-bikes/batteries/

Rose/Bosch say similar things about the battery on my bike, which is also lithium.

While we are on batteries, it's wise not to slap it straight on charge immediately after a ride, particularly if you've been giving the motor some hammer.

Fast discharge gets all the chemicals going, so it's best to let the battery settle for an hour or two before charging it.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
It's absolutely right.

There's no harm in letting the battery run as flat as controller will allow, but it doesn't do any positive good, either, because lithium batteries don't need or respond to conditioning.

Have a look at what woosh have to say:

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/electric-bikes/batteries/

Rose/Bosch say similar things about the battery on my bike, which is also lithium.

While we are on batteries, it's wise not to slap it straight on charge immediately after a ride, particularly if you've been giving the motor some hammer.

Fast discharge gets all the chemicals going, so it's best to let the battery settle for an hour or two before charging it.
So, as long as I leave it a couple of hours, I won't damage battery if I charge it after every use? I would say I ride about 10 miles per day.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
So, as long as I leave it a couple of hours, I won't damage battery if I charge it after every use? I would say I ride about 10 miles per day.

Yes, that is the best routine for looking after the battery.

Of course, it wouldn't matter if you forgot to charge one day, because the battery ought to be able to handle two 10-mile rides easily enough.

By the way, did you get the bike fettled at a bike shop?

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Yes, that is the best routine for looking after the battery.

Of course, it wouldn't matter if you forgot to charge one day, because the battery ought to be able to handle two 10-mile rides easily enough.

By the way, did you get the bike fettled at a bike shop?
No, not yet. But cycling down hill is definitely exciting! OH is going to have a fettle with them.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
No, not yet. But cycling down hill is definitely exciting! OH is going to have a fettle with them.

The woosh I had on loan felt a bit loose after a few rides and benefited from a general nipping up of the fixings.

I expect that's all yours will need.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
The woosh I had on loan felt a bit loose after a few rides and benefited from a general nipping up of the fixings.

I expect that's all yours will need.
It's certainly very rattly! The rear mudguard is all over the place. I had a very eventful day when the saddle started sliding about all over the place! And had problems with the handlebars (my fault for not tightening them up properly in the first place). The stand is also very rattly.
All that said, I love it, it's a fantastic bike for the price.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It's certainly very rattly! The rear mudguard is all over the place. I had a very eventful day when the saddle started sliding about all over the place! And had problems with the handlebars (my fault for not tightening them up properly in the first place). The stand is also very rattly.
All that said, I love it, it's a fantastic bike for the price.

Funny you should say that, the quick release seatpost on my loan woosh needed a bit of attention, although I'm no whippet so would have put a lot more downward pressure on it than you do.

The stand can bounce a bit, I bound some string around the top part of the leg which cushioned it.

Agree 100 per cent with your conclusion about them being bloody good bikes for the money.

Top Bottom