Need advice on taking it to the next level

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
Get yourself a training program, make sure your bike fit is set up right, you may need to invest more time also, From my own perspective 8 hours a week minimum but build up slowly.

Every cycle should have a purpose just cycling around will make you fit but to really progress you need to start with a good training program with base training (base training is not just slow cycling) and should be part of your training all year round.

Then you need to start onto interville,cadence, zone training and of corse block training and be careful about rest and recovery rides, start watching Veloharmony on utube you will pick up many great tips and advice much more and better than any i can offer.

3 bits of advice i was given a few years ago where, first quality is more important than quantity , second recovery is just as important as hard training, third consistence, consistence,consistence. To be able to be consistence you need an indoor trainer, you dont need an expensive hi tech trainer even a simple turbo trainer if used correctly they can be really hard work.

Top Bottom