Need food inspiration!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TomHammersley

Hi all,

I'm in need of some inspiration and new ideas for work lunches and snacks. I've made myself various things over the years, but now have run out of ideas and would love to hear some new ideas for healthy lunches and snacks, particularly things that'll help me shift some fat.

I tend to spend £10-£15 a week on my lunches and snacks. The only real constraint is that I really can't stand fish/seafood - but everything else is generally fine.

Cheers!

col

Legendary Member
A sachet of uncle bens micro rice(plain) and just bung in a tin of baked beans,or tuna,or chopped boiled chicken,sweetcorn,peppers,onions,scoff it till it comes out of your lugs,and still loose wieght.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I've re-discovered Ryvita! Makes a change from Brown bread, goes well with Philidelphia light, Pate, Humous, cheese, a slices of tomato in additionworks well. Particularly like the Dark Rye variety. There are sweet ones as well, good for the odd "Light" nibble. Also like oat bars, and those chilli oat biscuits too. Ainsley Harriets instant cuppa soups are excellent as well. Oh, bean salads, various tins of mixed-beans are available at different stores, drain, wash, add a bit of vinigairette and away you go...
Pot Noodles.
Spam and pickle sarnies.
Raw veg good too, plus home-made salads.
Kinda stuff I have at lunchtime, I need to cut down as well, I'm surrounded by food all day!

Any combination of smoothy: yoghurt, orange juice, and banana blended with any frozen berry - strawberry, raspberry, blackcurrant, or melon, mango fruit, pineapple etc.

Humous and pitta bread.

Greek salad - red onion, tomatoes, feta cheese, olive oil.

Ciabatta with mozarella cheese, tomatoes, basil and olive oil.

stevenb

Garlic & herb cream cheese on Ryvita sounds nice to me.
I love fish so thats easier for me to choose.
I still tend to steer towards crisps for snacking....I know I shouldn't.
I need to loose another lb in weight ideally.
I think fruit and nuts (mixed bags) are an excellent snack.
Dried fruit packs, figs etc etc.....good snacking....although tends to be expensive. Grapes are ok to munch on.....easy to access, cheap to buy...nowt to peel etc.

OP
OP
T

TomHammersley

Thanks for all the suggestions - there are some cracking ideas in here. :smile:

Should be able to build up a nice shopping basket on Monday!

Cheers

domtyler

Über Member
If you have a microwave at work then simply make enough for an extra portion when making your evening meal and take that to work. It is easier to serve the portion straight into your box so as to avoid temptation of eating it all the night before!

Top Bottom