Need glasses suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If it's any comfort to you, I had precisely the same 'optical issue' with my Madison glasses and probably spent quite a bit more for them than you did for your Aldis. :biggrin:

Odd, glad to know that I am not going mad.

Curious, do you have any particular eyesight issues? Wondering if it is something that only manifests for those who have particular eyesight issues. Myself, I am short sighted and wear prescription glasses with a relatively weak prescription. I actually now need some stronger ones but have been putting it off because nice well made glasses are quite expensive (may as well get the ones you really like if you are wearing them 12+ hours a day for 2-3 years right).

lordloveaduck

I bought some Aldi glasses, cant complain for the money but with something as crucial as your eyesight, I wouldn't recommend them, mine were very prone to steaming up, also had some sort of optical issue where they made me feel very high up when on the bike (i.e. they messed with my depth perception in some way), might have been something unique to my optical needs, but all in all, I found them to be marginally dangerous.

use neat washing up liquid.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
No particular sight issues when I had the Madison glasses but I did wear specs for close up work or reading, which is quite common for people in my ... errrr.... age group.^_^

Guess it is just a poor design then. :tongue: But in the case of Aldi glasses how much R&D do you think they pour into a sub £5 product, lol

I have always vowed to buy a pair of prescription cycling glasses from an opticians but have never followed through on it, hah

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I see, well these glasses will never be used since they are not fit for purpose given the optical illusion they cause, steam or no steam :tongue: but good for future reference.

aJohnson

look on ebay for the Chinese 'Oakleys' - they're actually not bad for less than £20...

And the UV protection from the lenses is actually good.

naminder

As an optician, perhaps I can help. In the past we used to recommend washing up liquid to stop specs streaming until coating s started crazing, not to be recommended anymore.. You do get what you pay for with recreation sun specs and Oakley isan excellent brand. what are Chinese Oakley? As cyclist outside for hours on end, your main concern should be UV protection.you're at risk of getting ptrygieum, unsightly, but notn pathological,cataracts, sp eak for themselves.macular degeneration, which is less well known can cause blindness and is just a vile condition. anyonewho spend a lot of time outdoors is at risk, so protect yourselves as much as you can.
Rob, the lenses may have been warped. Hope this helps

Top Bottom