Need glasses suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ushills

Veteran
You brought the wrong ones.

These are glasses and good, anti-scratch, anti-fog £7.95

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=138333

Also available from screwfix in smoke as well.

DHB stuff from Wiggle is usually highly recommended and even their top of the range is well within your budget. In your budget range, they'll be one size fits all. Linky
Those pro triples look v nice

OP
OP
Andrius.B

Andrius.B

My dhb pro triple lens glasses have just arrived, but unfortunately the glasses sit a few mm lower then they should. I guess I will have to improvise something and modify the nose piece somehow to make the glasses sit a few mm higher.

snorri

Legendary Member
I bought some Aldi glasses, cant complain for the money but with something as crucial as your eyesight, I wouldn't recommend them, mine were very prone to steaming up, also had some sort of optical issue where they made me feel very high up when on the bike (i.e. they messed with my depth perception in some way), might have been something unique to my optical needs, but all in all, I found them to be marginally dangerous.
If it's any comfort to you, I had precisely the same 'optical issue' with my Madison glasses and probably spent quite a bit more for them than you did for your Aldis. :biggrin:

MrC

The planet x range are good. You can get one with three lensed, one of which is photochromic for 40. I find the photochromic very uweful for British summer...

Nebulous

Guru
If it's any comfort to you, I had precisely the same 'optical issue' with my Madison glasses and probably spent quite a bit more for them than you did for your Aldis. :biggrin:

That's bizarre - I've had the same. I've been cycling to work on an Edinburgh bike tourer with a more relaxed frame. The last twice I've been on my roadbike I've gone through a point where looking down it appears as though I'm a huge distance from the road, like having a bike on stilts. I put it down to changing bikes, from the EBC one back to my allez, but thinking about it both times I was wearing my lidl glasses.

Another strange thing is that I had a pair last year, that I subsequently lost, and I can't remember having any trouble with them!

Top Bottom