Need glasses suggestions

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Andrius.B, 20 Jul 2012.

1. Andrius.B

Andrius.B Active Member

I am looking to get myself cycling glasses buy am pretty much lost to what to buy as there are so many choices on wiggle or evanscycles and I have never bought proper cycling glasses.
    If you know any good deal please let me know.
    I wouldn't want to spend more then £50.

Oh, and also, are there different sizes for cycling glasses? Or is it one size fits all?

2. jazloc

jazloc Über Member

If you're looking to save money and go really under budget, may I suggest the Raleigh Sunglasses. £10, reserved them online and picked them up in my Argos store. They came with Yellow, Tinted and Clear lenses. Easy to use, comfortable and a really good bargain.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3334216.htm

YmVXt.jpg

lH3eh.jpg
    Obviously, if you have £50 to spend then you can get something of better quailty. That's just my two cents ^_^

John_c likes this.
  3. 3 or 4 quid in aldi if there are any left in your local one :becool:

Nigelnaturist likes this.
  4. Swiss One Airsight industrial safety specs make a good alternative, IMHO. Cheap as, designed to protect your eyes in their given role so do very well at this on your bike, and are available in clear, yellow and smoke finish. I've got yellow for night/dull times and smoke for sunny periods.

John_c likes this.
  5. ushills

ushills Senior Member

Bolle safety glasses are quality and cheap online.

However, I now use the £7 clear and smoke ones from Decathlon, yellow is also available.

JozeeB likes this.
  6. jazloc

jazloc Über Member

I bought ten, way too heavy duty for cycling. They're goggles, not glasses.

7. rb58

rb58 Enigma

DHB stuff from Wiggle is usually highly recommended and even their top of the range is well within your budget. In your budget range, they'll be one size fits all. Linky

8. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

+1 to what rb58 suggests.
    I have the DHB Pro Triple Lens and they are excellent for the price.

9. look on ebay for the Chinese 'Oakleys' - they're actually not bad for less than £20...

10. defy-one

defy-one Guest

I was looking at those last night. You impressed Ian? How easy to change the lenses?

11. OP
    OP
    Andrius.B

Andrius.B Active Member

thanks guys, will go with one of the dhb glasses on wiggle.
    Thanks for suggestions.

12. OP
    OP
    Andrius.B

Andrius.B Active Member

UPDATE: just ordered dhb Pro Triple Lens from wiggle.

13. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

very easy. You wont regret buying them.

14. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Man or Moose!

I bought some Aldi glasses, cant complain for the money but with something as crucial as your eyesight, I wouldn't recommend them, mine were very prone to steaming up, also had some sort of optical issue where they made me feel very high up when on the bike (i.e. they messed with my depth perception in some way), might have been something unique to my optical needs, but all in all, I found them to be marginally dangerous.

15. Part time cyclist

Part time cyclist Über Member

I use smoked safety glasses from work cheap as chips and good

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice