Need held getting hold of litespeed decals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kyuss

Veteran
Thinking about it, anything I could make to be cut in vinyl could probably be used by Argos as a mask for painting as well.

Oh by the way, I don't mean to come across big headed or owt but I'm a graphic designer for a living too so they wouldn't look s**t (assuming I had a decent image to work from).

OP
OP
A

actingskint

Argos say they dont paint,well not decals anyway.Maybe its just titanium they dont paint on.Anyway they said that it would have to be vinyl decals.And they had a guy in mind who does all their work.But its an interesting idea.Funnily enough if I google personnal painted work on bikes in the Uk I get very few if any hits,yet the states seems to have a few well respected guys who do work,and the rates seem pretty good.Its as if the art doesnt flourish over here,or we just dont breed guys who do it .

OP
OP
A

actingskint

Steve Austin said:
email this bloke with what you want

http://www.thecycleshed.co.uk/

btw 70 to 'polish' a ti frame is a rip-off. ti doesn't need 'finishing'. my 9 year old ti MTB looks like new with little more than a wipe with an oily rag.

Steve I dont know an awful lot about Ti frames so Im getting educated on this site,which is all good ,but its not a polished frame its a brushed finish.There are a fair few scuffs on it which I guess its picked up over its 10 year life.So Ive just asked these guys if they refurb bike frames,they said they do a rebrushing service.

I mean Im spending around £1,500 on purchasing and getting this bike the way I would like it to look,so Id like it looking good as new.Ive only ever owned hybrids before,that are always wrapped up in inner tubes to prevent frame damage,more work horses than show bikes.So this time I thought sod it,get something decent but older,which is in need of tlc to get it back to being a really nice fine weather ride.

Mind you Ive never thought of getting it polished! How much work is involved in that? Its bound to cost a fair ammount,and would it be worth it.I have to keep my wallet in check because im now at the limit until I pay my local bike shop off,having purchased the wheels ,and running gear through them.

Top Bottom