Need help identifying this bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just bought this bike locally from the son of original owner. From the research I've done, I believe this to be a Benotto circa 1968-1972, but the gold foil stickers and head badge are like nothing I've ever seen before; it says Ritter and has a shield with a bull.
20210120_142307.jpg

It also has an old style columbus tubing sticker that might help date it:
IMG_3030.jpg

Does anybody have any information about this bike...I've looked online and have come up empty.
20210120_154427.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Never heard or seen this make before but obviously a quality bike and fitted throughout with Campag stuff? Columbus tubing. Date sounds about right. Are those rims for tubs?
Nice find.

:welcome: to the forum Steven.

Never heard or seen this make before but obviously a quality bike and fitted throughout with Campag stuff? Columbus tubing. Date sounds about right. Are those rims for tubs?
Nice find.

:welcome: to the forum Steven.
Thanks Cycleops. Yeah, the rims are tubular Mavic. The reason I think it's Benotto is the badge has the familiar pattern that says Fabrica Biciclette Torino and Ritter set his hour record on Benotto. Doesn't the color also match the classic Benotto beige/gold? Campag everywhere except Universal 68 brakes, Gran Compe brake levers, suntour bar end shifters. I am going to restore it but would love more info about this model if anybody can dig something up.

I just bought this bike locally from the son of original owner. From the research I've done, I believe this to be a Benotto circa 1968-1972, but the gold foil stickers and head badge are like nothing I've ever seen before; it says Ritter and has a shield with a bull.
View attachment 569972
It also has an old style columbus tubing sticker that might help date it:
View attachment 569973
Does anybody have any information about this bike...I've looked online and have come up empty.
View attachment 569974
Some more photos if there are any Benotto experts in this forum that want to inspect the features. There is no cutout on the bottom bracket, nor is there an imprint at the top of the seat stays. Is this a Benotto?
20210125_115036.jpg

20210125_115129.jpg

20210125_115058.jpg

20210125_115227.jpg

20210125_115008.jpg

I'm not a Benotto expert, but all the signs suggest that there was some sort of a deal for Benotto to produce Ritter branded bikes, hence the lack of marking on the bottom bracket or stays.

Regardless, it looks like a quality build and should scrub up nicely:okay:

Top Bottom