Need help making a Bkool ride with GoPro 8 & Bkool Route Editor 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I shot a fun ride along Key West's coast with a GoPro Hero 8 with GPS turned on.

The ride is broken into three clips and I can't figure out how to combine the clips in a way that Bkool Route Editor 2 will accept.

I was able to get a short ride (only one segment) into the Bkool Route Editor 2 by:

Load the clip into Garmin VIRB Edit (on a MacBook Pro). It imports without GPS data.
I then run the clip through Telemetry Extractor (free version) https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free/#
I then open up VIRB and select the clip, then I go to the Matrix tab and select Import G-Matrix and import the .gbx file that was created with Telemetry Extractor

When I try to combine two contiguous clips in VIRB Edit and then Export them, Bkool Route Editor hangs up when I try to import the .gbx file that VIRB generated in the Export. I get this error: "The selected .gps time length differs GREATLY from the video length."

Is there a way to combine the clips? I've seen rides that include edits where people have edited out stoplights or other problems.

Is there a better workflow to accomplish this?

This is particularly frustrating because the Bkool site shows a GoPro 8 with the Route Editor on their home page.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Maybe you need to send this to GoPro.

Micatech

Regular
I shot a fun ride along Key West's coast with a GoPro Hero 8 with GPS turned on.

The ride is broken into three clips and I can't figure out how to combine the clips in a way that Bkool Route Editor 2 will accept.

I was able to get a short ride (only one segment) into the Bkool Route Editor 2 by:

Load the clip into Garmin VIRB Edit (on a MacBook Pro). It imports without GPS data.
I then run the clip through Telemetry Extractor (free version) https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/free/#
I then open up VIRB and select the clip, then I go to the Matrix tab and select Import G-Matrix and import the .gbx file that was created with Telemetry Extractor

When I try to combine two contiguous clips in VIRB Edit and then Export them, Bkool Route Editor hangs up when I try to import the .gbx file that VIRB generated in the Export. I get this error: "The selected .gps time length differs GREATLY from the video length."

Is there a way to combine the clips? I've seen rides that include edits where people have edited out stoplights or other problems.

Is there a better workflow to accomplish this?

This is particularly frustrating because the Bkool site shows a GoPro 8 with the Route Editor on their home page.
Hi Captain Video. Have you had any luck? I am having same problems as yourself. I am using a Garmin Edge and getting the gpx files from that no problems at all. I I upload these to Bkool without video they work well. HOWEVER if I try and combine with a video using the Bkool Video editor all I get is errors. I was looking to see if there is a camera that actually stores the video as .mp4 and the gps data as .gpx as 2 seperate files but cant find one. Any help appreciated.

I never got it to work and finally gave up. I've thought about writing to some of the folks who have figured it out but haven't gotten around to actually doing it. The problem is that when I'm actually riding I cancel my Subscription and when I'm subscribed, I'm not riding.

shimceltic

Veteran
I stitched vids together in Windows video editor and used the gpx from my garmin, not sure how to get the GPS and video both from the gopro

Top Bottom