Need help measuring Cannondale bearing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aindriu

Hi,

I am looking for a (headset) top bearing for my Cannondale Supersix 2012 bicycle, see attached picture. The bearing is part of Cannondale SuperSix EVO Complete Headset - KP203 but I just need the upper bearing, measurement says 1 1/8" but there are many variants with different inner angle/outer angle. Can someone identify the measurements? I was going to order it off AliExpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32991982476.html

Attachments

• IMG_20191103_143917.jpg
    IMG_20191103_143917.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 27

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Best way is to just take the bearing to your LBS where they should have a like for like replacement. It won't cost much. Unusual for a top bearing to need replacing though, what's wrong with it?

OP
OP
aindriu

aindriu

I did a Google search but just seen
Currently unavailable
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Still waiting for Cannondale to respond

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
It's all very well advising to read the markings on the bearing, but this doesn't get you very far when the bearing has none, which is not uncommon.

When there are no markings, if you want to determine the dimensions for a replacement yourself, then the following come in quite handy (FSA head tube/bearing gauges, Park digital caliper):

212406_00_d.jpg

212406_01_d.jpg

74585_00_d.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
aindriu

aindriu

Thanks for all the help, There were no visible markings on the bearing with all the corrosion.
Cannondale sent me the dimensions,
1 1/8" Headset Bearing 41.8MM/7MM/45
Product code: ACB418H7B-DBA

:smile:

Slick

Guru
Thanks for all the help, There were no visible markings on the bearing with all the corrosion.
Cannondale sent me the dimensions,
1 1/8" Headset Bearing 41.8MM/7MM/45
Product code: ACB418H7B-DBA

:smile:
I had the same issue and in the end had to make some adjustments to make the one the Lbs thought would fit but didn't. The issue wasn't the diameter of the bearings it was the chamfered shoulder that was a nightmare.

Top Bottom