Need help picking new bike !?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saf_M

I currently own a 2009 Specialized Hardrock Sport. Still going strong but it feels somewhat not suited to my needs enough now. I used to use it when I went down with my friends to the park (I'm 14) or when I cycled into town. Now I'm primarily using my bike on road and I prefer things to be a lot easier if it's lighter. There are a lot of hills and things around my area though.

My question is obviously with everyone's experience, I need a young adults road bike that ISN'T a racing bike. Racing bikes quite frankly are a little too fast, scary and hard to control. And not entirely practical in where I live as it's full of occasional hills.

Budget doesn't matter for the time being as I've got my little part-time business that turns over a lot of money, so don't be scared to recommend something that isn't expensive.

I'm new to the forum so I hope I haven't posted this in the wrong area and thanks in advance!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If the "budget doesn't matter" Saf then how about one of these?:hyper:

http://etechbee.com/list-of-top-10-most-expensive-bicycles-in-2012/

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
My question is obviously with everyone's experience, I need a young adults road bike that ISN'T a racing bike. Racing bikes quite frankly are a little too fast, scary and hard to control. And not entirely practical in where I live as it's full of occasional hills.

They're only fast if you pedal hard! Not hard to control either and I don't get a bit about the hills. Far easier to climb on a lighter road bike than a heavy MTB. If you're worried about a road bike having too 'high' gearing, there are a myriad of options available, in this respect. Up to you, of course but I certainly wouldn't discount one. Not for the reasons you have mentioned, in any case.

Top Bottom