need help !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
C2W back on and i have told myself i dont need another bike, please recommend a mental health organization i can see to sort out this aberrant behavior :sad:
Losing battle I’m afraid. I thought I had seven bikes and it turns out I have eight....really don’t know how that happened! Lol.
And to make it worse, I am currently preferring running to cycling.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I keep thinking about it ! Ours comes on every 6 months, although I now have a car park pass (because of my bad back) and I don't cycle to work - do you think I'd get away with it.

Fancy a hard tail for winter !!

johnblack

Über Member
I couldn't do one when it went back on in April as I need to finish the one I took out in July last year. But when It goes back on this July I will be lumping on, I really don't need another bike, but I will get one, plus a good few extras as we are lucky enough not to have a £1k limit.

johnblack

Über Member
I keep thinking about it ! Ours comes on every 6 months, although I now have a car park pass (because of my bad back) and I don't cycle to work - do you think I'd get away with it.

Fancy a hard tail for winter !!
This is what I did last year, toss up between gravel / cross or a 29er and the 29er came out the winner, it was a good move.

johnblack

Über Member
Some nice Vitus hard tails in the sub £1k bracket - ours is with Halfords/Cycle Republic. Biggest issue will be 'my wife'.
Ours was through Halfords but I could also use independent shops if I wanted, luckily I also don't get capped at £1k so got a fair amount of "qualifying" extras too.

I explain it to my wife in terms of minimizing my taxable earnings at which point I can guarantee she glazes over and I can get on with spending large.

As for the Vitus, I've heard some good things but haven't ridden one but at £1k you do get an decent amount of bike.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ours was through Halfords but I could also use independent shops if I wanted, luckily I also don't get capped at £1k so got a fair amount of "qualifying" extras too.

I explain it to my wife in terms of minimizing my taxable earnings at which point I can guarantee she glazes over and I can get on with spending large.

As for the Vitus, I've heard some good things but haven't ridden one but at £1k you do get an decent amount of bike.

I'd probably get shot, but it's likely this could save me a few bob in 'tax'.. just double checked, and it's Cycle Solutions, so choice even better...

rivers

How far can I go?
Some nice Vitus hard tails in the sub £1k bracket - ours is with Halfords/Cycle Republic. Biggest issue will be 'my wife'.

Charts and tables with explanations as to why you need another bike. This time I went with disc brakes for superior stopping power in the wet, slightly wider tyres for when we end up on tow paths, and lower gearing so i can tow the dog in the trailer sometimes/go a bit slower so she can keep up

Top Bottom