Need some guidance please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nibor

Bewildered
Blood Sweat and Gears in Accrington has a KTM ebike it is full suspension but he will let you have a go and it will give you the feel of a crank drive ebike. They are on 01254233948. Closed Monday though

OP
OP
Oldfentiger

Oldfentiger

Veteran
She has ordered a Haibike.
A bit more expensive, but I'm happy that she's chosen a quality bike with the right kit (Bosch).
Thanks for all the input. Most helpful.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
She has ordered a Haibike.
A bit more expensive, but I'm happy that she's chosen a quality bike with the right kit (Bosch).
Thanks for all the input. Most helpful.

Nice, and certainly about as good an ebike as is currently available.

Another advantage of crank drives is they are a standard bike either side of the motor.

All the bits - brakes, wheels, gears, fork, etc - are by mainstream makers and easily serviceable or replaceable,

Quick release both ends - assuming you are having derailers - so fixing a puncture is the same as an ordinary bike.

Reliability can never be guaranteed, but Bosch has made more than a million crank drive motors - they made a gold one to mark the milestone.

That's an awful lot for a niche product, and you rarely hear of the motors giving much bother.

Thousands of problem-free miles on my two.

Hopefully the weight of the Haibike won't bother the Mrs too much.

A bit more would make no difference, so she can now carry your sarnies as well as her own.

Top Bottom