Need your fixie wisdom guys..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peejay78

non-fascist hat:

the wheels that coome with the wrongster and the fuji are useful if you want to make some sort of sculpture out of the broken spokes in the first two weeks.

gkerr4

i'm going to agree with you there - the wheels do feel like proper cheap nasty things..

peejay78

get yourself a decent wheelset if you can afford it - although i'd recommend getting a rear wheel first - the front can definitely wait. also, that way, if for some bizarre, totally way out reason, you ever want to upgrade from your wrongster to something else, you can use the same wheels and save money...

OP
OP
clefty

clefty

Definitely plenty to go on there, thanks guys - I think I have a bike project for the winter. I will no doubt be back asking you all inane questions at some point concerning chainlengths, sprockets and what not!

I commute on a 48 18 which is a bit too easy on the flat and a bit too hard up the 10% climb on the way, so about perfect. If it wasn't for the 10% i would have a 17 on the back I think. I am not especially powerful. I would also recommend putting marathon pluses on any commuting bike following extensive trial and error with every kind of puncture proofing known to man.

Wogan

From another thread:

"Langer" - Irish slang for w*nker. Close enough.

Saw one of the Union Jack ones this morning. All the rider needed was a bowler hat and an orange sash to complete the Unionist bigot look. I predict it will sell well in certain parts of Northern Ireland.

Top Bottom