Neighbours....do you have any that get on your ****?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

col said:
Oh my god,what a nightmare it must be,i can totally identify with you,what about this possible move for you Steve?is it worth looking into?

Cheers mate....what move is that then?

I'd like to move out...but my Dad's flat is cheap to rent...and very spacious being a large 2 bedroomed place.
I pay him...he pays the rent....easy.
Some days it isn't too bad.
I guess the bad days really stand out.
It's just their ignorance to listen and understand and being aware of other neighbours.
I shall keep an ear and eye on things.:ohmy:

col

Legendary Member
Oops, i misread when you said the council would rather move you on the other thread:blush::ohmy:

buggi

Bird Saviour
i have the opposite problem. apparently, i'm the problem neighbour! i live on my own, no kids and i'm only in between 4 and 6 hours a day. the old lady downstairs complains if i dare walk across my lounge floor and she called the police on me when i was decorating... i was rollering paint on the wall and she phoned them and told them i was drilling and hammering. of course, i didn't have a drill or a hammer on me when they came round... and this was BEFORE i moved in. i did all my decorating before i moved in and i was very considerate to her. numerous times we even asked her to tell us wen she was going out so we could do the noisy jobs, then we would spend the day painting only to see her come back from shopping at 6pm, when we could have been doing the drilling/hammering jobs. how wrong was i to think she would be a sweet old lady. the woman's a complete bitch. i'm only hear about 4 hours a day and she's complained to council loads of times.

she's caused the same cr@p with all the neighbours and i came home the other day only to get called into one of their houses to tell me we had all received a visit from the council man... again. in fact, thank God i started to speak to them because it was them who informed me that her complaining is the reason the council moved her last time.

i know her bedroom is under mine so you can imagine what it's like if i need a bit of hot lurrve. LOL. seriously tho, i am very considerate to her considering the amount of cr@p she causes me but my mom has now said enuf is enuf and i should start complaining to the council about her.

i'm actually a perfect neighbour. i'm never in, and i don't have wild parties. and i'm well friendly

sheddy

Legendary Member
Buggi -if you are between the sheets, just pretend that you mustn't wake the baby.
If you are on your own, then set the Rabbit to silent mode

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
You have my sympathies. The guy who moved in below me a year after I bought my flat was an utter nightmare and it nearly drove me insane. That silly, 250bpm dance music blasting away 24/7 - mates coming round at all hours of the night and day, and having to scream at each other to be heard above the music. There wasn't a room in my flat that wasn't affected by the sheer volume so there was no escape. Police did nothing. Env Health did nothing. Then he appeared to be dealing - the music would go off, you'd hear him on the phone and them slamming his door and the main flat door on his way out for 5 mins and he'd be back in again. That went on all night too after a while. In, out, in, out. When the wee one was a baby, he would be threatening to come up and kill her if she dared to cry when HE was trying to sleep. The guy below him gave up and sold his flat to escape the nightmare.

And yet - now he's quiet, talks to me, complains about disturbances outside, is the first to come and pay for any communal repairs etc etc. I don't know what changed him, but something did and he's no trouble at all.

Mind you, I just coughed up £100 for a communal entryphone repair three weeks ago and only 2 of the other 7 flats have paid me. Swines. Last time I do anything for anyone else in the stair. It's £12.50 per flat - not exactly a fortune each. Grrrr.

Tonight I'm going to doorstep them again to try and catch them in and get my money back.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
goo_mason said:
Mind you, I just coughed up £100 for a communal entryphone repair three weeks ago and only 2 of the other 7 flats have paid me. Swines. Last time I do anything for anyone else in the stair. It's £12.50 per flat - not exactly a fortune each. Grrrr.

Tonight I'm going to doorstep them again to try and catch them in and get my money back.
Nip down with a pozi and electrical screwdriver and disconnect a wire from all the buttons of the ones who haven't paid you. then twiddle them all together so they don't know which is which :ohmy:.

I'm glad this ones not my neighbour. I went out for a ride yesterday with SPOKES and one of the member kindly invited us round to his house for tea & coffee. Before we went one of the other members warned us that he has a particular neighbour who wont let you wheel the bike up his ramp, "it's stupid but you'll see why when we get there". It was stupid, the neighbour had a short steep driveway (they had no car to scratch) which connect sstraight into the path to the members house and instead we had to carry the bikes up a steep, narrow staircase to the same point???

ChrisKH

Guru
I thought I was unlucky to have a neighbour who plays Hank Marvin songs on his electric guitar. He's a brilliant player. Thing is, he plays the same ten songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.........................................

domtyler

Über Member
I live in a terraced house in East London, the house next door is rented out and there are a bunch of Italian lads there now, they are out in the garden 'til 4am every weekend shouting, like being on the set of the Sopranos ffs. I keep dreaming of filling a syringe with urine and spraying them down.

Top Bottom