neoprene cover/protecters for front forks.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Anybody have any thoughts on these add ons. The idea seems good, protecting the seals from ingress of mud and water, but what about the friction of the wet muddy neoprene going up and down on the stations, does this not create its own probs ? I already use the covers available for my suspension seat post movement ( the quadrilateral Suntour SR range ) but they don't actually touch the moving parts, like the forks ones would. (sorry about the poor English.)

I would not worry too much about water and certainly not mud penetrating the covers,as they are thick enough to withstand this.
If they do get muddy simply dry them and scrape or roll them around the palm to loosen the excess mud off them,and pop them in the washing machine.
Do this every time you use them,and voila,no build up of mud inside the covers.
if some muddy water does penetrate them and onto the stanchions,get a dry cloth and wrap it around,gently squeezing round the circumference.
That will take off the mud particles.Then get another dry cloth and softly wipe them down.
Remember,your stanchions have been made with mud in mind,so don't worry too much about it.
I'm not a huge fan of them,as I'm quite vain that way and think they take the look of the bike away :tongue:
But I do see their uses

OP
OP
Psycolist

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Excellent. I wouldn't have dreamt of leaving them on while dirty, I am one of those saddoes that spends as much time cleaning the dam thing as riding it. The mud not penetrating the neoprene is what I was concerned with. Your full and concise reply has put a lot of my worries to bed. Many thanx.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I use one from time to time if im going to ride at Rutland Water or somewhere like pines after a lot of rain.
they really do help keep the tyre spray off ,if you wear specs there a good buy..

Top Bottom