Nesque Gorge, France.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Hi all,

It has been recommended that I take in a ride through the Nesque gorge when I spend a week cycling in Provence in a couple of months time.

Although I can find the gorge on maps and it is shown on Garmin Connect, I'd be really appreciative if any of you folks could give me a head start on where is the best place to ride from or to pick up the route, or indeed if there are any parts of it that are better to ride than others.

Thanks in advance folks.

User269

Hi all,

It has been recommended that I take in a ride through the Nesque gorge when I spend a week cycling in Provence in a couple of months time.

Although I can find the gorge on maps and it is shown on Garmin Connect, I'd be really appreciative if any of you folks could give me a head start on where is the best place to ride from or to pick up the route, or indeed if there are any parts of it that are better to ride than others.

Thanks in advance folks.
Depends on how far you want to go, but Villes-sur-Auzon is at the foot of the gorge, then you can ride the D942 to the viewpoint at the top, then back down again. Probably my favourite route ever is to go from Bedoin, Villes-sur-Auzon, down the other side to Sault, then ascend Mont Ventoux, descend to Malaucene, then back over the Col de Madeleine to Bedoin. A shorter loop would be from Flassan, up the Col des Abeilles, find the quiet road that cuts out most of the D1 to Sault, then on up to the gorge via Monieux. The gorge is an absolute delight, but Sundays in the season can be busy with large groups of motorcycles and other traffic.

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Depends on how far you want to go, but Villes-sur-Auzon is at the foot of the gorge, then you can ride the D942 to the viewpoint at the top, then back down again. Probably my favourite route ever is to go from Bedoin, Villes-sur-Auzon, down the other side to Sault, then ascend Mont Ventoux, descend to Malaucene, then back over the Col de Madeleine to Bedoin. A shorter loop would be from Flassan, up the Col des Abeilles, find the quiet road that cuts out most of the D1 to Sault, then on up to the gorge via Monieux. The gorge is an absolute delight, but Sundays in the season can be busy with large groups of motorcycles and other traffic.
Great information Whiskywheels. Much appreciated.

Top Bottom