Netflix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DogmaStu

There is an awful lot of dross on most channels and streaming services.

But some good stuff mixed in there.

Yep, Streamer's have to build up a lot of volume and they do this with mostly old or rubbish titles but there are some excellent shows in the mix.

I have Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV, Amazon Prime and also from abroad via VPN, HBO Max and SkyShowTime (this is Sky, Paramount+, Lionsgate etc in Europe - lifetime subscription for 2.49/mth euros).
Using the VPN (Surfshark) I also get Netflix from other countries too and there are some gems missing from the UK playlist.

Needless to say, I have a huge choice so always find something decent to watch.

gbb

Legendary Member
There is an awful lot of dross on most channels and streaming services.

But some good stuff mixed in there.

Agree. We have Prime as well...I prefer Netflix, we hardly ever ever watch anything on Prime.

Coincidence has it, I'm on my third watching of Breaking Bad, plus I've watched Better Call Saul twice...ditto El Camino.
I have a short memory for storyline plots, film TV or book, so I can happily watch something more than once.

dicko

Guru
We don’t watch TV much only from 7.30 to 11.00 as we like to read but when we do sit down to watch it’s always Freeview stuff repeats mostly. So I decided we need to get a subscription and my son let us try his Disney+ which we liked using my laptop. I am thinking of trying Netflix which means we need a new Smart TV but they aren’t that expensive at 32” but it will need a DVD player, any ideas?

Alex321

Veteran
We don’t watch TV much only from 7.30 to 11.00 as we like to read but when we do sit down to watch it’s always Freeview stuff repeats mostly. So I decided we need to get a subscription and my son let us try his Disney+ which we liked using my laptop. I am thinking of trying Netflix which means we need a new Smart TV but they aren’t that expensive at 32” but it will need a DVD player, any ideas?

You don't necessarily need a new TV. Something like Roku or similar would do. I watched Netflix on mine for two years with no problems. We don't actually have a working arial connection at the moment.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Firestick or Roku. Stick it in a HDMI socket, connect to WIFI, bob's your uncle.

dicko

Guru
You don't necessarily need a new TV. Something like Roku or similar would do. I watched Netflix on mine for two years with no problems. We don't actually have a working arial connection at the moment.

Can you tell me please, does Roku connect wirelessly to my router? I don’t want too many cables across the lounge.

Alex321

Veteran
Can you tell me please, does Roku connect wirelessly to my router? I don’t want too many cables across the lounge.

Yes, it connects to your WiFi. It doesn't have any other means of connecting to the internet, not ethernet port.

You do need an HDMI cable between the Roku and the TV, of course, and a usb micro power cable (which comes with it)

Breedon

Legendary Member
I used to have Netflix but didn't watch it much. To cancel it, go to the Netflix website, click on your account, and there's a button that says 'Cancel Membership' under where your payment stuff is. It's easy to do.

After I left Netflix, I started using iptv kopen. It's perfect for me. I pay 15 euros a month, and they had a yearly offer of 99 euros. I get over 7,000 channels and tons of movies, like more than 30,000 in HD and 4K. It's cool because I can watch it anywhere, even on my phone or TV.

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It's been on the news today that over 13 million new users have signed up to Netflix as a result of the "crackdown" on password sharing. It has been getting quite annoying I admit. My partner shares hers with 4 other family members, and over Christmas we were getting a message nearly every time we opened it to say we had to confirm who was in our household. And then an email generated by the other family members who were trying to watch it also, which we had to click on and confirm. I wouldn't mind so much, but these family members actually have their own profiles (which we pay for) so it is legitimate, they just happen not to live with us.

Alex321

Veteran
It's been on the news today that over 13 million new users have signed up to Netflix as a result of the "crackdown" on password sharing. It has been getting quite annoying I admit. My partner shares hers with 4 other family members, and over Christmas we were getting a message nearly every time we opened it to say we had to confirm who was in our household. And then an email generated by the other family members who were trying to watch it also, which we had to click on and confirm. I wouldn't mind so much, but these family members actually have their own profiles (which we pay for) so it is legitimate, they just happen not to live with us.

Under the Netflix rules, it is NOT legitimate. One subscription only covers one household, no matter how many profiles you have, or how many devices you subscribe for. Note - you can have as many profiles as you like, it is the number of simultaneous devices you pay extra for.

If they are not living in the same property as you, then they are not in the same household.

Top Bottom