Never ceases to amaze me, the stupidity of some people

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Came into work on the train this morning along with the bike so I can ride back home, train pulls into the station, it's only a 2 carriage train with 4 doors. I'm stood waiting to take the bike out of the cycle rack whilst there is another passenger stood in the doorway already with his bike ready to get off. There's a further passenger waiting for me to get my bike out so he can get his bike out last & then there's 5-6 people all waiting behind him, all the other passengers have appear to have seen this will take a little while & filtered to the other doors.

So the train stops & almost before the first guy has had time to move the people who are wanting to get on the train crowd around making it almost impossible to get off, I have no idea WTF they think they are going to go until we all get off.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's nothing unusual for the trains I'm afraid.

Slick

Guru
I was on the London underground last week and did notice this and the number of fit young males taking up all the seats.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's nothing unusual for the trains I'm afraid.
Yes!

I had exactly the same thing happen on a holiday a couple of years ago. I was with a friend and our bikes were laden with panniers. We were completely blocking the door, ready to disembark, but as soon as the door opened a man threw himself at us. It completely failed to register with him that this was never going to work. I had to stick the palm of my hand in front of his face and bark an order to get out of the way to clear an exit path for us. :wacko:

Hicky

Guru
PS Selfie addiction illustrates the problem... Just as "Look at the awesome Grand Canyon" becomes "Look at the awesome me standing in front of a big hole in the ground", so "People are waiting to get off the train, I must get out of their way" becomes "I need to get onto the train, those people need to get out of my way"!

At home we have a "father jack"type of chair at the front window, if I'm sat there for an hour and the weather is ok I'll see numerous kids walking along with their phone out front on some sort of social media pouting away(obviously girls) but sometimes lads being lads.....there's a lamp post, I see at least one of them walk into it.....every time I sit there. Around the Uni where I work they're lemmings head down looking at the phone crossing roads.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I thought that was just a London thing but they've started doing it hereabouts now too. It's a terrible shame when you accidentally clip some of them with your pedals as you carry your bike off the train!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Last year at Euro Disney I was taking my 3 grandchildren back to the hotel. As the bus ferrying people to and from the park drew in and stopped with the doors opposite us, the usual scrum to get on started to form. When the doors opened I quite loudly said "Stand back and let the people off kids. Remember, we're not French". It had the desired effect, people stopped shoving us from behind and it raised a few smiles too.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I don't have this experience on the London Underground, nor do I on any of the trains I regularly catch; local commuter into Manchester and intercity to London

Everyone seems polite and allow folk to get off before getting on. I see plenty of instances of seats being given up for less able folk on my local trains. Not on the Underground though where it seems to be every man (and woman and child) for themselves regarding seating

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I thought that was just a London thing but they've started doing it hereabouts now too. It's a terrible shame when you accidentally clip some of them with your pedals as you carry your bike off the train!

It's never been just a London thing. I've encountered it where ever I have travelled in this country and abroad too.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Everyone seems polite and allow folk to get off before getting on. I see plenty of instances of seats being given up for less able folk on my local trains. Not on the Underground though where it seems to be every man (and woman and child) for themselves regarding seating
My daughter recently mentioned that for the second consecutive day she'd been slumped on the tube after a 12 hour on-feet-and-constantly-busy shift when an elderly woman got on...after waiting a few seconds in the vain hope that someone would do the decent thing, she'd sighed and surrendered her seat. Don't think I've ever been prouder.

Top Bottom