Never ending bike maintenance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul04

Über Member
Have you found that you never stop looking after the bike, there is always a little job to do on them, or just a little adjustment to be made.

This week the mountain bike needed the brakes adjusting and the front wheel hub needed tightening as there was a little play in the hub.
The road bike needed the chain cleaning, and the brakes needed to be looked at as it sounded like metal on metal when the rear brake was applied (there was a bit of grit in the brake block) so took both brake blocks off, cleaned them,and all the rims before putting them back on.

I never do this much work on the car, apart from clean it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yup, always on the go with something with one of my bikes.
But it does mean that over the years I have become a decent enough bike mechanic able to tackle near enough every job.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Thats part of the attraction for me, always find a job to do if you want to. Its the same with my other hobby, fishkeeping. Wether its a pond or tanks, there is always a job to me found, but the same goes if you dont want to do them. If I dont fettle m'bike for a month, it will still be ridable, except for punctures of course. But if I didnt check the brake wear, tyre pressures, gear allignment or cable adjustments, I would still be able to jump on it and get the morning papers. It just wouldnt be operating at its best ! As for the fish, if all I do is feed them every 2nd or 3rd day, they will tick along nicely without coming to any harm, just not growing or breeding or showing thier best colour displays. But if I invest time in keeping thier enviroment as perfect as possible, they repay me with vibrant colour, good growth rates and even little baby fish. Bottom line, the more you put into a hobby, the more you get back IMHO. :bicycle: i would just rather be riding. ^_^

boydj

Legendary Member
Little and often is the best way to keep things sweet. And how much do you pay the garage every year to service your car?

Top Bottom