"Never mind the speeding, it was the cyclists fault!"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

If you step out into the path of a lorry you are a prat.
Take your point but I'm not sure that being a prat should carry the death penalty. Although it would mean that many parts of the country would be a lot less crowded.

If traffic is moving at 100mph (for arguments sake) it is quite conceivable that the road looks clear when you start to cross but as it takes at least a few seconds to cross a vechile could be on you half way through crossing.
The road would only look clear if you looked.

Defy78

The road would only look clear if you looked.

I'm not sure what you're point is? Of course you'd have to look otherwise the statement has no meaning...

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I know a few people who are disabled, and several elderly people. They would not be able to judge a speeding vehicle properly as they are more used to a certain threshold of vehicular travel. This driver was way above a simple case of speeding and as such it is entirely plausible that the victim looked, saw the HGV in the distance and thought they had time to cross.

Another possibility has entered my mind today in that many times I have seen pedestrian standing in the road but not crossing, mearly waiting for a safe opportunity to do so). I wonder if there is a chance the guy might have done this, the driver panicked and the force of the vehicle overturning swept up the guy? Could this be plausible?

Top Bottom