Never seen in the same room...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not particularly a fan of cake....

Cheese on the other hand.

Several people commented yesterday and today on my weight loss.
Cheesecake then. Worst of both worlds.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The only pictures I have seen are the one I posted (of them together!) and the ones @srw posted. If there are others, please share.

(honestly, in the photo I found their similarity ended at young, male, white, brunet (male form of brunette). They really don't look alike to me)

It's not brain science. @User posted an old joke. I posted another joke of the same age.

robert-smith.jpg
9ec07be9-c552-4015-9b7f-c5dec31e9289.jpg

Not entirely dissimilar - don't think it was a joke by @User to say they looked alike 30 years ago

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 4596962, member: 45"]Terry Hall and Robert Smith.[/QUOTE]
I can say, quite categorically, that you are wrong. Albeit it was a very large room, with lots of other people in it. ;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Totally. I was a fan of both. I don't remember them being similar, but they do look so in those photos. Lets add "stylist" to young, male, white, brunet.

I'm open to anyone showing the joke isn't decades old.
Well usually I'm a fan of your posts, but unless I'm being exceptionally thick I've no idea what your beef is here and why you think it's relevent to raise an old and unpleasant joke.

I think it's up to you to better explain your issue here, cos I'm stumped too.

Well usually I'm a fan of your posts, but unless I'm being exceptionally thick I've no idea what your beef is here and why you think it's relevent to raise an old and unpleasant joke.

I think it's up to you to better explain your issue here, cos I'm stumped too.
Ok. This makes me think i have crossed a line. Withdrawn

I don't know if you have or not! No worries :-)
Honestly, I just assumed that 30 year old jokes were ok, tasteless or not.

I do not have the energy to research non controversial 30-year-old jokes. If you have an example of a joke that unequivocally refers to something from the 80s that won't offend anyone, including ageing people born before the 80s, let me know.

Edit: These jokes were on the Internet about Christa McAuliffe 30 years ago. When is it ok to make a joke about it?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

I do not have the energy to research non controversial 30-year-old jokes. If you have an example of a joke that unequivocally refers to something from the 80s that won't offend anyone, including ageing people born before the 80s, let me know.

Edit: These jokes were on the Internet about Christa McAuliffe 30 years ago. When is it ok to make a joke about it?
If they are tasteless they are tasteless regardless of age surely. I don't think the OP was making a 30 year old joke or neither was it in any way tasteless - maybe I have missed something?
'Never seen in the same room' or 'seperated at birth' are old memes that should be simple fun. I can see no issue here in much the same way as all babies look like Winston Churchill.....

Never.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...

Why did the little pigs get fed up
with their father?
Because he was a boar (bore)!

What does a hedgehog have for lunch?
Prickled Onions.

What did the big chimney say to the
little chimney?
You're too young to smoke.

Why don't people play cards in the
jungle?
Because of all the cheeetahs!

What's a frog's favourite drink?
Croak-a-cola.

(Courtesy of a primary school in Sheffield and the Domesday Project of blessed memory: http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/domesday/dblock/GB-436000-384000/page/6)

And in answer to your question - jokes, often in what some people see as poor taste, are one of the ways in which we make sense of tragedy and disaster. I suspect that there was a list of Somme jokes going around army messes by about the beginning of September 2016. Just like there will already be Aleppo jokes going around Syrian ex-pat groups around the world, and they will be laughed at by people who've lost close relatives.

Top Bottom