Never seen so many cyclists !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Crikey....i think cycling has become more popular in the UK in the last 10 years or so ...but..

Working a few days near Castellon in Spain...flaming 'eck. Driving around on Sunday...i must have seen between 50 and 150 cyclists in full gear, enjoying the relative warmth. Nearly always in pairs...down in towns, on the open roads, on the plains, in the mountains....everywhere :smile:

Talk about the nearly man :blush:
..tried to find a shop to hire a bike and maybe try the mountains for the day, no chance :smile:
Tried to find the Decathon store in Castellon....got hopelessly lost :smile::biggrin:

Ah well, with a little more time and planning...maybe next time .

Is the popularity i saw typical in Spain ?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Certainly was 20yr or so ago when I lived there for a few years...sadly, i wasn't into it at the time! No idea why it didn't appeal then, cos I had been a keen cyclist before. Typical back then was Sunday afternoon, 40k run or so out in the warmth, end up at a restaurant, BIG meaty meal, lots of wine and cycle back home again. No idea how they do it, but do it they do. Full gear, lots of sponsors logos everywhere, wine seems to have no effect on cycling ability. Makes me think attitude plays a large part in it.

Cycling down the Med. coast of Spain two years ago, me and my mate saw and passed were passed by pelatons of varying sizes on Saturdays, Sundays, and, strangely enough, Wednesdays; all ages, but only male cyclists! Nearly all gave a wave, smile, nod or an hola, regardless of the direction they were heading.
I think if I lived there I'd be out on the other four days, as well. Coffee and cognac, hmmmmm . . . ! :blush:

Saddle bum

Über Member
Our club has a Wednesday headbanging session club run. Wed seems to be very a popular day for riding out around SE London/Kent.

Top Bottom