New 25 miles to the ponderosa cafe....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I made it, erm.... just about... LOL
Started raining too.... nice ... not
Any way, 22.2 miles, 2 hours 32 mins, max speed of 42 mph , average 10 something.
(got a lift back in the end, weather was way to bad)
Proof shot:

DSC01328.jpg

maurice

Well done, good start to build on there, a lot would have called it off with the weather not looking great, you're obviously not too unfit either.

Make it a regular event and weight will start dropping off you!

dodgy

Well done, Jamie. And not wanting to sound rude, but that bike's a bit of a 'clunker', so imagine your reward at losing a bit of weight and gaining a bit of fitness? Perhaps a new bike when finances allow? ;)
Keep it up!
Dave.

yenrod

I remember going past that years ago - though I'm sure I went up to it the easy way - it was on left as I past it ! Aint there a pub next to it ???????

dodgy

Yenrod,

There's no pub next to it, but if you approach the Ponderosa with it on your left, that is generally considered the 'easy' way :biggrin:

Dave.

Mortiroloboy

Well done that man! I bet you feel really chuffed. Now you've been bitten by the cycling bug, take my advice...Get yourself to your local bike shop LBS, and have a look at road bikes, you will notice an immediate difference, if worried about the gearing, go for a triple chainring or a compact and a largish rear cog say 12/27.

Well done, you should be proud of yourself. Print that photo and hang it up somewhere. In about 2 years' time, when you've lost 10kg and 4 inches around the waist, and you're eagerly awaiting delivery of your new super-duper lightweight road bike just before you go off on a 100-mile ride for fun with your club, you'll look at the photo and remember how it all started.

Mortiroloboy

Twenty Inch said:
Well done, you should be proud of yourself. Print that photo and hang it up somewhere. In about 2 years' time, when you've lost 10kg and 4 inches around the waist, and you're eagerly awaiting delivery of your new super-duper lightweight road bike just before you go off on a 100-mile ride for fun with your club, you'll look at the photo and remember how it all started.

Sound advice indeed:thumbsup: You will however live to regret the day you ever climbed on a bike, and arrived here...For now there is no way back, you are cursed to forever ride a bike, to upgrade relentlessly, to spend every waking hour, fettling, looking at bikes on-line, and in bike shop windows (even when on holiday) reading C+ and the comic (Cycling weekly) lieing to your wife about how much that part, bike or item of clothing really cost!

You're doomed, we're all doomed I tell ye, Captain Mainwaring!Doomed ;)

Top Bottom