New Addition..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Made some small adjustments but Forgot my spaner to move the saddle. Will go for a ride and do adjustments as I go to get it how I like it.
View attachment 120862
Meeting the Hybrid it MIGHT replace for the first time...... :laugh:
View attachment 120864
Got to scrape some paint off on the BB shell to get the serial number, Hopefully ill be able to find out exactly what it is by the number.
EDIT - have been told that it could be either a record ace or a Olympus ?
If the serial No starts with a W it could be a 'high end' model.

OP
OP
redvision95

redvision95

Proffesional Biskit Eater Upper
After doing a 50 miler on it today, I've come to the conclusion that its too small for me and has to go.
I love the bike but its too small. Whatever i sell this one for + my other bikes sell for will be used to get me another road bike that fits :becool:
Im going to give it a bloody good clean and lube before I take the pictures and advertise it. :rolleyes:

You must be well over 6' then cos it's gotta be at least a 22 or 23" frame. Your hybrid in the picture - to misquote Father Ted - looks quite small, is it just cos it's far away?

OP
OP
redvision95

redvision95

Ah, that'll be it then! :laugh: There's a few bigger framed machines out there, so you should be okay, you might'nt get one for £21 though :eek:
Thats why Im selling ALL of my bikes :angry: So I can get a bigger framed machine, Some tidy profit to be made on this one :becool:

Im definitely hooked on road bikes though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
redvision95

redvision95

IF i followed the guide I used correctly it is a 23 1/2 inch frame and the hybrid is a 23 inch frame :eek::eek::eek: and neither fit me properly :eek::eek::eek::eek:
20160309_142514[1].jpg

20160309_142519[1].jpg

Ill try my longer seatpost in the bike before i put it up for sale.

Last edited:
OP
OP
redvision95

redvision95

Yep. Its a huge difference. Would be a whole lot better if i could get the fit to me right :sad:

contadino

Veteran
Apologies for being a bit late to the discussion, but I don't think it's a Record Ace from the 80s. The steerer tube angle is wrong to my eye. Might just be the photos mind. It may be a 70s frame or a different model.

Either way, you should see a decent profit from a £21 outlay.

And if you enjoyed the ride, keep your eyes peeled for a bigger RRA. They come up for sale quite regularly and they are fantastic bikes.

OP
OP
redvision95

redvision95

I'm yet to be able to get the paint off from the BB shell (not had time) so haven't done anymore research into the frame.

I've been looking at frames (possible frame swap) but cant find one in a larger size in my price range ATM.

I have spoken to the LBS and for £30, He is going to measure me up and see if he can get me more comfortable with the bike and figure out exactly what size frame etc I need.

I need to do the rear wheel bearings before anything anyway as they are on the way out.

contadino

Veteran
I'm just under 6ft and my Record Ace is 22.5". It's just about comfortable. Although I may be on the lookout for a 23.5" Carlton or Raleigh for JOGLE next year.

OP
OP
redvision95

redvision95

After following yet another online guide ive calculated I need a 26" frame :eek:
Ive seen a 25" frameset for a reasonable price so on pay day I may just get it and do a frame swap....
Im planning on doing Blackpool - Birmingham later this year so need a bike that fits and is comfortable :bicycle:

Top Bottom