New arrival: vintage Keith Lambert - bigger than advertised

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
I still think that pic is Alf Engers; take a look at this pic . . . surely the same bike and rider ?

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/riders/engers-riders.html

Your pic IS of Alf Engers - he loved 'drillium' . . . take a look at the brake levers of the bike on the photo you supplied.

Yup Alf Enters, teach me not to look closely lol

I don't recall Mick Ward, mind you my memory is terrible :smile:. I think it's how the camera has panned that gives the impression of speed :smile:

Shaun

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
There's progress on this: a Campag Mirage 8 speed rear derailleur along with Tiagra 4500 brakes have been fitted.

Cables and chain to be done this week and I could do with a pair of tubs fitting, although the current ones hold air.

Then it'll probably have to go: I can't reach the floor whilst on the bike.

There's progress on this: a Campag Mirage 8 speed rear derailleur along with Tiagra 4500 brakes have been fitted.

Cables and chain to be done this week and I could do with a pair of tubs fitting, although the current ones hold air.

Then it'll probably have to go: I can't reach the floor whilst on the bike.
Can't you lower the saddle some more or have you already done that? I find that as long as I can stand astride the crossbar and with the saddle as low as possible I can cope with a larger frame.

I still think that pic is Alf Engers; take a look at this pic . . . surely the same bike and rider ?

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/riders/engers-riders.html

Your pic IS of Alf Engers - he loved 'drillium' . . . take a look at the brake levers of the bike on the photo you supplied.

Drillium has a certain elegance of its own, also IIRC known as "Perfore"

9c08b0312ad53facd504e80c561ffa06.jpg

davidphilips

Veteran
Then it'll probably have to go: I can't reach the floor whilst on the bike.[/QUOTE]

Nice bike, try putting seat post down as far as it will go then when sitting on bike with your heals on pedals if at the bottom of pedal stroke if you can still have a slight bend with your knees you should be able to ride bike ok otherwise its just to big.

Oooh, I may have to go for a lie down now. :wub:

In which case do NOT open this Link

A proprietary frame version of Drillium

wonderdog

Drillium has a certain elegance of its own, also IIRC known as "Perfore"

View attachment 354470
Looks seriously like a stress fracture just waiting to happen. I've always found the best way to save weight is to not eat/drink so much. But then, there's nothing quite like a velocipede you can hoik up in the air with one finger - and no, I'm not talking about carbon or aloominum.

Top Bottom