New arrival - what have I bought? (Yes, it's a Peugeot!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fixedfixer

Veteran
The AE 8 had the exact same tube badge as you've photo'd. My money is on AE 8. They were an entry level bike and cost £64 new in 1973/4. I rode many miles touring in Europe on mine. What to do with it? Well it looks a good example but might be hard to get back to original. Needs mafac centre pull brakes and mafac levers and the chrome style mudguards are part of the character and would be hard to find. 27 inch wheels required too. I'll see if I can dig out a photo over the weekend.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@DCLane easy answer use it they make great commuters

OK - but I've already got a 'classic' bad weather commuter in the Raleigh Team. And SWMBO just picked up my new 'commuter/touring' frame for me. And I've a winter commuter in the Spesh Tricross.

I don't think I can get away with telling her I have 4 commuter bikes.

. I'll see if I can dig out a photo over the weekend.

Thanks Phil. Also, I hadn't realised you'd moved; enjoy the new role.

The Pug was in the Velocampus at Leeds today; it now has trued wheels and 2 new spokes, which would explain why they were wobbly :rolleyes: . And this time I didn't turn the wheel into a dish replacing them ^_^

fixedfixer

Veteran
Here you go a pic of the bike from many years ago. I got a deal on a pair of 48 spoke tandem wheels and used those for touring. Sorry I sold the old girl. DCLane glad the hub could help out.
20140502_161839.jpg

Top Bottom