new battery pack for a Marwi front light - ?

simongt

Veteran
I bought a Marwi Nightpro front lamp about 12 years ago. The battery pack has gasped its last but as the actual lamp is still good, I would like to get another battery pack preferably an up to date hi tec one, to suit. 'Fraid I don't recall the actual specs / output etc. of the light though. Any suggestions please - ?

Assuming these are the lights you need a 6 volt battery capable of delivering ~3.5A. Not much help in actually recommending a battery but a step forward.

albion

Guru
AT that age it is likely a NiMh battery pack, 5 cells making 6V.

Take it apart if you can, and buy some quality Sanyo Panasonic to solder in as replacements.

AT that age it is likely a NiMh battery pack, 5 cells making 6V.

Take it apart if you can, and buy some quality Sanyo Panasonic to solder in as replacements.
I agree. If the OP changes the batteries to LiIon he will also have to get a new charger.

However, it is time to bite the bullet and get a LED light. Halogens were the thing of the day, in its day, but its day is gone. LEDs give better colour and longer runtime, amongst many other benefits.

OP
OP
S

simongt

Veteran
Thanks for the replies & advices folks. The battery pack is sealed lead acid type and thus not dismantalable. It is 'kin heavy by modern standards, so I've decided to invest in a 'modern' version led one; 1k lumens, three brightness settings plus strobe, battery pack has six replaceable lithium ion ( ? ! ) rechargeable dags, so should last a while. I've ordered one, but will give it a very good look over before deciding to depart with my readies - !

Top Bottom