new battery pack for a Marwi front light - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
I bought a Marwi Nightpro front lamp about 12 years ago. The battery pack has gasped its last but as the actual lamp is still good, I would like to get another battery pack preferably an up to date hi tec one, to suit. 'Fraid I don't recall the actual specs / output etc. of the light though. Any suggestions please - ?

Assuming these are the lights you need a 6 volt battery capable of delivering ~3.5A. Not much help in actually recommending a battery but a step forward.

albion

Guru
AT that age it is likely a NiMh battery pack, 5 cells making 6V.

Take it apart if you can, and buy some quality Sanyo Panasonic to solder in as replacements.

AT that age it is likely a NiMh battery pack, 5 cells making 6V.

Take it apart if you can, and buy some quality Sanyo Panasonic to solder in as replacements.
I agree. If the OP changes the batteries to LiIon he will also have to get a new charger.

However, it is time to bite the bullet and get a LED light. Halogens were the thing of the day, in its day, but its day is gone. LEDs give better colour and longer runtime, amongst many other benefits.

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Thanks for the replies & advices folks. The battery pack is sealed lead acid type and thus not dismantalable. It is 'kin heavy by modern standards, so I've decided to invest in a 'modern' version led one; 1k lumens, three brightness settings plus strobe, battery pack has six replaceable lithium ion ( ? ! ) rechargeable dags, so should last a while. I've ordered one, but will give it a very good look over before deciding to depart with my readies - !

Top Bottom