1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New BBC website

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by mangaman, 27 Feb 2008.

1. mangaman

mangaman Guest

What do people think of the new website?

I use the site a lot, so any change will take a while to get used to

It doesn't look right somehow - not as clear and simple as the old one

(And too much space for the TV and radio listings I reckon)

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Obviously 'inspired' by the iGoogle homepage, i.e. modular and customisable.

It has been available in beta for quite some time so I am quite used to it now and wouldn't really want to go back to the old style.

3. OP
    OP
    mangaman

mangaman Guest

Actually you're right Dom, thanks - I've now customised it and it looks a lot better

4. simonali

simonali Über Member

Haven't explored yet, but looks better. Old page always had that massive white blank bit down the side that used to annoy me. Why didn't they ever put stuff in it?!

5. simoncc

simoncc New Member

Change for change's sake, like most website redesigns.

6. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I like it, and have customised it to my own taste. A good investment of licence fee, or wherever they get their money from. ;)

7. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

The news page looked the same to me.

8. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

I no like it. Its going to take a bit of time to jig it to my taste preferred the old layout the TV is so in your face on this one.

9. dmoan

dmoan Über Member

I like it, but I never 'go in through the front door', going directly to news, sport, weather etc. Unless the redesign is carried through the rest of the site, it will be somewhat wasted on me.

10. I've just looked at it for the first time. I like the old style BBC clock in the top right hand corner. ;)

11. longers

longers Veteran

+1.

12. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

+ another one

13. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

It's a clear rip off of the google thing...

It's all good until you clean away all your cookies, then you have to mess about all over again