New BBC website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangaman

What do people think of the new website?

I use the site a lot, so any change will take a while to get used to

It doesn't look right somehow - not as clear and simple as the old one

(And too much space for the TV and radio listings I reckon)

domtyler

Über Member
Obviously 'inspired' by the iGoogle homepage, i.e. modular and customisable.

It has been available in beta for quite some time so I am quite used to it now and wouldn't really want to go back to the old style.

simonali

Guru
Haven't explored yet, but looks better. Old page always had that massive white blank bit down the side that used to annoy me. Why didn't they ever put stuff in it?!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I like it, and have customised it to my own taste. A good investment of licence fee, or wherever they get their money from. ;)

mondobongo

Über Member
I no like it. Its going to take a bit of time to jig it to my taste preferred the old layout the TV is so in your face on this one.

I like it, but I never 'go in through the front door', going directly to news, sport, weather etc. Unless the redesign is carried through the rest of the site, it will be somewhat wasted on me.

longers

Legendary Member
dmoan said:
I like it, but I never 'go in through the front door', going directly to news, sport, weather etc. Unless the redesign is carried through the rest of the site, it will be somewhat wasted on me.

+1.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It's a clear rip off of the google thing...

It's all good until you clean away all your cookies, then you have to mess about all over again

Top Bottom