New Beginner Lincolnshire/East Yorkshire- need advice, beginner routes and cycling buddies!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnK

Hello - just joined Cycle Chat and looking forward to starting cycling. Have cycled for leisure and whilst camping/caravanning. Now looking to get a bit more serious. I do not want to race but do want to do some serious road stuff (possibly a bit of touring in the future).
I am in my late 50's, fit and recently retired (lucky me!).
I'm from Grimsby and therefore see my hunting ground as Lincolnshire - from the Humber Bridge down to Lincoln and out to the East coast (a big county ) and East Riding of Yorkshire - from Hull to Beverley and beyond.
I am just waiting delivery of my new Specialized Secteur Elite from a shop in Hull. Should get it tomorrow 12th July 2011.

Now I just need some advice, beginner routes and cycling buddies!! All of which I would welcome!!
Cheers
John

Gixxerman

Guru
I am out most weekends in the Lincolnshire wolds around the Caistor / Swallow areas which are not far from you in Grimbonia. I do road and off-road rides (bridleways). You are quite welcome to join me. I am 46 but quite fit. A have done several very long rides including a 100 miler. I am also looking at a bit of touring. I have a hybrid and a MTB. I am also thinking of getting a carbon road bike as well so that I have all bases covered.

Top Bottom